Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a man with limited mechanical knowledge put a 3 body lift on a 2000 Z71? Only 2 local shops in the area and both want 800 bucks to do it.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
damn thats pretty pricy...i would deffinetly do it myself if i was you. just look at some other trucks and kinda see where they used what and go for it. youll have to go to someone who can weld some stuff for a couple of things but otherwise its not a bad install

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
OUCH! :eek:: That's what they usually charge for install on a complete 5" lift, wheel & tire mount & balance w/ alignment!!! check out the "Tech Section" here...Jason shows how he installed his body lift! good luck! :D:

'98 Dodge Ram 1500 QC SLT 4X4 5.2, 5" SkyJacker Stage II Kit, 35/12.50/15 GoodYear MT/R's on 15X8 Weld Sidewinders, Flowmaster Cat-Back Exhaust System, Volant Cool Air Intake System w/ Ram Air Scoop, Custom Audio System.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Wow, I payed $300 for my suspension lift installed and a suspension lift is more difficult to install than a body lift. Those guys are smoking some good stuff if they are charging $800 for a bofy lift.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've done 2 myself, they're easy if you have a basic knowledge of tools. Just follow the directions, take your time and you'll do fine. Then take the money you saved and buy lockers!

Sniper

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
for 1k, he better have hired a hooker to entertain you while he works. thats rediculous. ill do it for $200.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
They're trying to rape you. All it takes is time, patience, and a basic understanding. Give it a try yourself and put the money you saved somewhere other than those crooks pockets.

·
Registered
503 Posts
wow where are you from?? im getting suspension put in for around $400 and body lift for around 350 here in michigan and i thought those prices were steep!! ouch!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
If i were you i'd put it in myself, Me, Hawiiluver, and gopher put mine in with no problems. Just make sure that your throttle cable and shift cable are nice and clear out of the way of anything. It was pretty easy and would have gone relatively fast if we didnt take breaks every hour.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts