Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they make body lifts for diesel trucks? I have heard that there is a problem with the radiatior or something so they don't make them. If they do, where do I get one? Thanks.

Nick.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I don't know about the radiator being affected negatively from a body lift but I'd have to see how its bolted up to give a better answer.

I've never seen a body lift saying "not for diesel" so I don't know if they would work on a diesel or not, but I can't see why they wouldn't because the body didn't change at all.

-Chris

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
There is a problem with the intercooler...some shops are willing to work around the fact that you have a diesel and fab up some stuff though.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I know on regular dodges the body lift causes some fan shroud clearance problems.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have had no problems with my body lift other than I havent got my front bumper alingment perfect yet but I havent realy tried since I put it on either. So far as the radiator is concerned I have a gas burner and the kit had some fan shroud relocation brackets, now it hasnt got over about 80 degrees yet so I cant speak about cooling issues with this truck but in the past I never had problems with and body lift I have installed not cooling well. But every truck is different.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've heard of that problem with radiators too! Never really looked into it though, cause I hate body lifts. Save the money and get a suspension lift.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, save the money and get a suspension lift. I already have a 4 1/2 inch skyjacker on there, and I want to get a 3 inch body so I can throw some 38's under it. I know it will push it no problem, I just gotta have the clearance for the tires. Thanks.

Nick.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Personally I do not like body lifts but I have heard body lift do not work on the diesel. I am sure that there are ways to make them work but I do not know if I would go through the trouble of doing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts