Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are hitches avaiable for use with roll pans. What my question is, that after a body there is a gap between the hitch and factory step bumper. The hitches made for use with roll pans are designes to come out from behind the liscense plate via a flip down liscense plate holder. So if I replace my hitch with the one designed for the roll pan will it come out below the step bumer like the old hitch did before the body lift and bumper relocation???? The difference between the hitches is that the standard hitch come down further but hitch for the roll pan does not come down as far. Let me know what yall think about this idea they should use the same holes as each other to mount acording to a trailer and hitch dealer in town he just couldnt verify if the hight would be right. Maybe someone else has tried this and can help!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you dont understand what I mean I'm trying to raise the hight of the reciever to match the new bumper height by changing to the rollpan type hideaway hitch.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I Have a 3" body lift and a Rollpan but I have an aftermarket receiver that you couldnt really see with the reg bumper! When I added the rollpan you still couldnt see it as much as the stock one! Go buy a hidden hitch for 120 bucks and it will do you just fine! You just have to move it in a little!

sorry they are not the best pics but I hope you can get the idea!!!

Ray

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I think you got it. Did your hitch used to come out behind your rollpan before the body lift, I should say behind the liscense plate via a flip down holder before the body lift. What I am wondering is if that would be the right height to use with my stock step bumper.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nope my hitch is just below the rollpan and it was just below the bumper also but you could only see the receiver part with the rollpan you can see some of the bottom of the hitch but it dosnt look bad

Ray

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I think we are on the same page I think. You say after the body lift the hitch was just under the roll pan as well as just under the bumper when you had the bumper on it . I asume that you did the body lift then adden the hitch then switched to the roll pan. Is that right?? I dont care if I see a little of the hitch but right now I already have a regular hitch and not the hitch made to work with the roll pan(the rool pan style hitch does not drop down as far as the regular hitch made to work the stock step bumper) so when I add my body lift there will be a 3 in gap between where the bar goes into the hitch and the bumper. Kind of ugly, so I need to sell my hitch and bu the hitch made to work with a rollpan after I add my body lift.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The hitch I have I added before anything on my truck! It looked like a stock hitch when I added the body lift, w/o the body lift it was not noticable! Then when I added the pan I had to move the hitch back so it didnt stick out, like 1-2 inches!!

Ray

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it was out of sight before you added the body lift and I asume you had the stock step bumper how did you access it to hook up the hitch? Because if its just below the bumper now wouldnt it have been covered by the bumper before the body lift?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts