Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For everyone with body lifts what do you do about the gap between the rear bumper and the hitch? Do you not worry about it and just leave the gap or is there a relocation bracket for it?

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I hear that you can get a hitch setup for a rollpan/hidden application and that will jsut clear the lifted bumper.

Or you can buy a Reunel with the integral hitch and have it built for a 3" body lift....

·
Registered
362 Posts
Jason has the answere once again, you can run a hitch for a roll pan or leave it alone and raise the bumper 3in to where it sits normaly and get some small retangular fog light and mount to the bumper between the hitch and the bumper. Presto chango you now have backuplights you cant hit and break because the hitch keeps anything from hitting the lights from underneath and the light makes the gap between the bumper and the hitch sort of disappear because it fills the void and makes it not so noticeable. WaaLaa

·
Registered
6 Posts
I raised my bumper 3" and then sold my stock hitch and bought a hidden hitch. (for a stock dodge) It sits about 2" higher than the stock one. So mine looks stock again

·
Registered
78 Posts
I left my bumper where it was so there wouldnt be a gap for the hitch & tail pipes. instead covered the gap w/ custom cut diamond plate w/ my liscene plate & lights mounted directly on it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I left my bumper where it was for bumper law reasons, and got a piece of 53" x 5" diamond plate and screwed it in.

·
Registered
503 Posts
got my body lift lift on monday was wondering the same thing!! kinda looks a bit different with everything hanging down and those tiny little stock tires hmmmm already spent alot but now ya all got me thinking....some back up lights..may be the cheapest route to help fill the void!i bet the hide a hitch looks better too but $$$$oh well getting suspension and tires on today cant wait to see it!

·
Registered
503 Posts
love to see some pics of the ass end of some of these trucks.... diamond plate prolly looks nice too..but my bumper has already been raised for now....

·
Registered
503 Posts
bradon i got a skyjacker 5.5" class 2 with nitro shocks and a 3" performance accessories body lift..hope to pick truck up today!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts