Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has put a body lift on their suburbans or tahoes because i am goin to put a 3" on my suburban and i was wondering if it was any different than putting one on a pickup.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
well i dunno anything about how ta do one..but there are a whol lotta tahoes around here that have 3" body lifts and 33" tires and they all look pretty clean to me

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i guess ill find out since im startin on it tomorrow. does anyone think that i will be able to clear 35's because stock i can clear 33's with no rubbing unless im doin some serious wheelin.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
if your clearing the 33's stock now i bet they would fit. i would do some minor triming though for off roading reasons. if your asking if it ill be hard to do then i dont think it would be to much harder than a truck

·
Registered
121 Posts
What size body lift can you do without having to do major changes to linkages etc. I am thinking about adding another inch or two with a body lift, but don't want to have a whole bunch of problems with the linkages (clutch, shifter, t-case). I realize I would need new hoses, brake lines, etc, but I need them already.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from what i can tell you obviously have a diesel and im pretty sure nobody makes a kit for diesels, but if you do find one, the changes i have to do is put an extension in the steering shaft and a few other minor things that come in the kit.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
well, the body lift is going in, in about an hour were gonna start. we'll post some pics when were done. before and after. wish us luck :):

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are the pics of the truck with the body lift installed

Before

After

And heres some pics of me in azusa canyon after we finished the lift

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hey looks alot better, and that color is killer, what does chevy call it? Very nice, how is the chick in the truck, dukki bet...a little hottie.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
the lift took us into the night. we have this thing with eating too much so we were constantly stopping. :): we went to azusa the next day. thats a different girl in the sub, dukki was in my truck.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We didnt move the bars up, they stayed down with the chassis. If we wanted to move them up we would have had to do some custom work, but since this is my MOMS truck i guess its better that i leave em down. That color is midnight blue. I think thats the best color chevy ever had on those trucks. Yeah the chick in the truck is definately in the hottie category. And shes my hottie so im happy :D:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts