Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OH yes. I ordered my 3in body lift from 4wph for 157 and free shipping. Any body got any tips for the install???? I'v got a 2000 fodle with auto trans. Jason I checked out your tech post on body lifts but the pics were different thatn whats hiding under my 4x4. Dont know why though. I think I might have enough play in the linkage on the 4x4 shifter so I wont have to extend it. The way the bracket is I couldnt cut metal to help I would have to extend it. I might have to extend the auto trans linkage though. Any time saving advice will help.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dont everybody reply at one time..... one at a time please.... thank you.....haha

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The only difficult parts of the install should be the t-case linkage, be careful where you cut it before you weld it. The front bumper brackets suck, you will play with them for 2 hours, the gas tank hoses are simple but can be fun for at least an hour on the "wrong" truck. The bed should take you and hour the front will take you the rest of the day, get up early. Oh hey, Get a big jack and a piece of 4x4 about 2 feet long, that will help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Spray all your body mount bolts the night before and the morning of with liquid wrench! I had a tough time with a couple of mine! Your T-case shifter will reach but you will have to weild in the extention for the shifter linkage, use a screw driver and it will just pop out on both ends! Make sure you bend the hard break lines a little so they dont rub the steering shaft(major problems in the future if that rubs through!)
The only other thing I would recomend is an allen wrench adapter for a socker wrench for the steering shaft extention, I didnt have one and it was the only thing that was a pain in the arss to me!! Good luck and take some before and after photos! :):

Ray

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-02-16 10:17, unclemark369 wrote:
OH yes. I ordered my 3in body lift from 4wph for 157 and free shipping. Any body got any tips for the install???? I'v got a 2000 fodle with auto trans. Jason I checked out your tech post on body lifts but the pics were different thatn whats hiding under my 4x4. Dont know why though. I think I might have enough play in the linkage on the 4x4 shifter so I wont have to extend it. The way the bracket is I couldnt cut metal to help I would have to extend it. I might have to extend the auto trans linkage though. Any time saving advice will help.
good luck
shawn

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I am about to purchase a 3" Body Lift from PA too. What Do You Mean By "...And don't forget the airbag fuses..." Do You have to relocate to Airbag Senors?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Just disconnect the battery and wait 2 minutes for the capacitors to discharge instead of pulling the fuses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts