Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a guy selling a body lift in the classifieds of this site. He said it fit 94-96 rams. What about my 97. They changed the interior in 98, but I don't know why it wouldn't fit my truck. Most catalogs list them 94-96 and 97-98. I don't know what the difference would be. Any expertise is aprreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Not sure of the difference. You can always call <!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://"http://www.performanceaccessories.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End --> and ask.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2001-12-20 13:16, ruffram wrote:
There is a guy selling a body lift in the classifieds of this site. He said it fit 94-96 rams. What about my 97. They changed the interior in 98, but I don't know why it wouldn't fit my truck. Most catalogs list them 94-96 and 97-98. I don't know what the difference would be. Any expertise is aprreciated.

it might be the way the tranny and transfer case linkage rods are lengthed. i think on 98 and up you dont have to cut and splice but adjust the cinch block on the transfer case.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hey ruffram i have a 97 dodge 1500 and 4 wheel parts sold me a 94-96 PA body lift and i didnt find out untill i went to mount the last thing and that was the front bumper brackets they dont work with the frame or bumper but everything else worked with out a problem. any questions let me know

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I wasn't sure about the diff, by the way what did you do to make your bumper fit? If the guy gets his price right I may buy it and do some innovating.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i was going to inovate but looked like to much of a pain. i called those jerkys(4WP)
and had to go to newark and swap brackets for the 97. there is quite a bit of difference between the two. iwas going to drill the frame to make work but couldnt figure out how to make it mount to the bumper itself. thats why my bumper isnt on in the rides section

1 - 6 of 6 Posts