Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the front bumper brackets pretty easy to install??fourwheelparts.com strikes again and sends me wrong lift so now i have to do the front bumper myself.pretty quick easy task?

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
As long as you have the brackets, then it is pretty easy. Hardest parts is the fact that the bumper is awkward, but I did mine by myself.

You'll need a grinder to trim about 1/2" off the upper front frame horn flange in order to make room to properly align the bumper

Click <!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.pavementsucks.com/tech/bodylift.cgi" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End --> for pics and tips.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Performance accessories body lift front bumper brackets are a beeeyattttchhhh. I have not gottin mine lined up perfectly yet(when it comes to my stuff it has to be perfect or I cant rest)but Ive been lazy a havent worked on it again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I agree with Mr Muffin make sure you take out the fuse for the airbag, my buddies Ford lost it airbags in the process of him "beating the bumber into place" as he put it. But I always remember that he's got a couple of screws lose himself. You pry won't achieve his mistakes,but it always better to be safe.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hmmm...I guess I was lucky, never had a problem installing the front brackets...the easiest way to make sure the bumper is aligned correctly, is to measure the gap in between the blinker corner lights, and the top of the bumper. There should be no more than 1/2" to 5/8" inbetween. It should be even on both sides, then you will know that you have it lined up correctly. Oh, and I wouldn't try to use the incorrect bumper brakets, I would just get the correct brackets and do it right the first time. I tried this on my rear, and the bumper is crooked, but I bash on it all the time anyway...hope this helps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts