Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help with a 2000 BMW Z3 (2.3L 6cyl)

car hadnt been driven in acouple months and was fine before this... went to drive it and the battery was dead- after the battery was charged, put premium gas in it and it ran like crap... service engine lights on, idled rough, makes knocking noises... got under the hood and found a smaller hose off the intake with a slit in it, sealed it back up and started the car back up- no change... car now wont go over 1500 RPMs without shuting off...

dont think its the anti-theft feature, thought that started in 2003 in BMWs...?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
uhhhh...reset the computer?

best thing I can suggest is a BMW repair shop. Outta my league... :baby:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
On 2009-01-14 11:40, The Beast wrote:
uhhhh...reset the computer?

best thing I can suggest is a BMW repair shop. Outta my league... :baby:

wow, the two very same suggestions I gave!

·
Registered
329 Posts
help with a M3 on a off roading forum :idiot:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im trying to get ahold of a code reader right now... what im thinking happened is the broken (i presume vaccum) hose threw off a code in the computer and untill its cleared and the computer is reset its not gonna run right...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
it's a BMW. Set it on fire and get a Cummins diesel.
Best advice I can give right there...:D:

j/k, btw.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
On 2009-01-14 11:46, Ramatude wrote:

Z3, not M3, and Mandy knows her way around 4x4's and Chevy's better than most of the guys on this site, so cut her a little slack.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On 2009-01-14 11:46, Ramatude wrote:

actually, i posted it on here because its a tech site with alot of people who know what theyre doing when they get under the hood of any vehicle... and really didnt ask the opinion of those who dont... as for most of the guys on here, theyre more than welcome to help others that dont think they know it all... :roll:

thanks for the compliment russ :D:

·
Registered
144 Posts
On 2009-01-14 12:23, ItsOlMander wrote:

actually, i posted it on here because its a tech site with alot of people who know what theyre doing when they get under the hood of any vehicle... and really didnt ask the opinion of those who dont... as for most of the guys on here, theyre more than welcome to help others that dont think they know it all... :roll:

thanks for the compliment russ :D:

Ouch Ramatude i think she just kicked you in the nuts twice. :idiot:

I don't have much to add. Do you have a way of checking the battery? My ram ran like crap until i replaced the battery. Just another option to check.

·
Registered
96 Posts
lmao the best advice i can give is try to clear the code and then try agian. but im no car or Bmw guy but ill give it a shot lol if thats not a problem try and find a Bmw shop somewhere and have them take a look but i do know one thing the parts for them cars are out of the roof prob. more then my ol Powerstroke lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On 2009-01-15 05:26, lightnin wrote:

Ouch Ramatude i think she just kicked you in the nuts twice. :idiot:

well you know, a girls gotta take up for herself :shoot: :bigthumb:

after searching the BMW forums (not the "offroading only sites" :twak: ) we found out how to get it to flash some codes on the dash... which was way overly complicated... and it brought up 9 codes... which is great, but i cant find what these codes mean ANYWHERE on the entire internet... all the codes its showing on my internet search are one letter 4 digit codes such as P3160 for example, and the codes that its throwing on the dash are somewhere along the lines of 3876_7439 1.7 :wall:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Trying to see if alldata has a list for codes, but one question. Is it a Roadster or a coupe?

Reason I ask is that there is no 2.3l 6 cyl

The coupe comes with a 2.8
The roadster has two potions. 2.5l or a 2.8

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its the roadster... im not sure on the exact liter, i probably wrote that down wrong... because i dont know ANYTHING about imports- i have a hard enough time with domestic efi let alone import stuff... im a carburated type of girl :D:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts