Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Does an ALL Black Ram Sport look with Black "Wagon" Wheels? I have this setup on my old XJ and it looked sharp, But it had chrome on it also.

Also 15" or 16" wheel? Whats The Best Back Spacing for both size wheels? I want a 33x12.50(or 285/75 R16) to fit flush or bearly sticking out of the wheel well.

Thanks For Your Time,
Rick

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have 285/75/16's on mine, and they look pretty good. sticks out a bit, probably 2 inches out the wheel well. I garauntee you that you would want bigger tires though. It's an addiction that you would always want to go bigger.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I think they look awesome on an all black truck. Just take the sport stickers off and make sure all the other accesories are black, and the windows are tinted. Also, I have 16x8 rims with 4.5 backspacing and 285/75's and the tires stick out maybe an inch.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Dunno, you tell me:

I only wish that the Roll Bar and lights were black, but my wife won't let me...she likes Chrome, dunno why...

'00 1500 QC 4x4 Black Sport 5.9l Rhinolining, 3" Perf. Acc. Body lift, 5" Skyjacker Class II Single Flex lift, 16-35/15 Boggers on ARE 767 15x10's, 4.56's stuffed in the axles, Powertraxx Locker

<!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.lockitupoffroad.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It does look Great. The only Chrome I have is the Side Mirrors(Why even put that little amount of chrome on there). I priced a Set of 285/75/r16 MT/R's today, $640 for just the tires, I can Mount and Balance Them. But I also found out today that Goodyear has Discountinued the RFA's(which I have). I also have a road hazard policy on them, which means I might accidently go to the Landfill, Pickup a few nails in my tire's sidewall and pay the difference to upgrade.

Thanks For Your Time And Pic's
Rick

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I love it! I get nothing but compliments.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
1. I was just messing around there and still had the sway bar connected, but I ramped later and scored a 972 with the sway bar disconnected (gotta love Single flex arms! and a few "mods" I did to make the supension twist up some more :): ), I am hoping to break 1000 after I do some more custom stuff to the front end (impressive for a full size as is, can't wait to break 1000!). That is a 20 degree ramp.

2. I did the whole checking which rims fit thing, and those wheels are steel, so they clear. All steel wheels will clear, no problem. Ultra aluminum wheels will also clear, but not the Eagle 589's (15" wheels). So it worked out pretty good--steel wheels that fit for functionality, and black to match the "devil" look. I reused the chrome (plastic) center caps from my stock wheels on the steel wheels, and they worked out real nice, offset the Chrome roll bar pretty good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts