Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck was broken into two days ago and i had to get my back glass replaced. it's a slider and only one sliding panel was busted. instead of paying like $50 for a new panel i had to pay $475 for a new back glass. seems like dodge makes it as a kit and you gotta break it down to take it apart. hope no one else has to.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That is terrible news, I was going to have my solid glass replaced with a slider so I can put a shell on it for camping but if that is the cost then I probably will not be doing that

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I put a power slider on mine after mine was broken, All I paid was my 100 dollar deductable, it turns out it was cheaper for my insurance company to put the power slider in than to get the high priced dodge glass. The power slider is sweet, I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hell i wish someone would have told me that. i mean i only paid 150 (deductible) but if i could've gotten the power slider for the same price... i don't really use my slider that much anyway. just when i'm at the beach or someones riding in the back

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Where'd you get your powerslider? Website for them? How does it work? A switch on the dash or what? Thats such a cool Idea, I have never heard of them before.

NIck.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hey guys, I got my window from the glass company that I was getting it repaired at. Installation was about 2 hours, and since the guy had never seen one of them before I ended up helping with the installation. Here is a link to the company that makes the window.. C R Lawrence....
<!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://www.crlaurence.com/ProductPages/E/EPC944S_3250.html?Automotive+Windows,+Tools+and+Supplies&Path=2;;CRL+Truck+Sliding+Windows&Path=2::331;;CRL+Dodge+Sliders&Path=2::331::1350;;CRL+POWR-Slider&Path=2::331::1350::1388" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End -->

They also have them for stadard cabs and newer 98+ rams too.

·
Registered
213 Posts
After my quad went through my soild rear window Dodge wanted $500 for a clear replacement solid glass so I called a glass company and got a tinted slider (non power) for $278 installed. Its a CR Lawrence also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts