Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got my new lift kit today its the skyjacker 4.5" lift. What coils do you have? In the instructions it says there are D45 (for cummins and V10) and there are D55 (for 3/4 ton with V8 with 8800 GVWR). I got the D45 even though mine is a V8 (I have never heard about d55 coils).

What shocks are you running. Right now I am running the 2.5" lift with dual nitros up front and they don't give any movement at all. This time I went with hydros hoping they won't be as stiff. Am I right?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Foolish,

The 45's are what is on my diesel.
They are required for the V10 and the diesel. If you were to install them with the V8 they will ride high and be stiff.
You may want to find out about exchanging them.

The shocks listed on my invoice are the H7069 and the H7036. Not sure which is which plus I know that I should have one more listing since there are six shocks.
I think those are the front and rears not the duals for the front.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bill L I think the D55 are a new deal and might not even be out yet. Right now I have a 2.5" lift on there and they are D25, they are diesel springs and are really stiff but liveable. I think you have nitro shocks cause they don't match the numbers I have for my hydro shocks. :):

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
My coils up front are custom bent from a crapass shop out in Calif. The shocks are also nitro's, I think they are nice but not as nice as the 9000's, eventually ill put the 9000's back on the truck.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
They did a good job but I had wanted 10" and they werent but 8", I wanted to run the 39.5's with no bodylift. I tried to get them to send me different ones but they stop returning phone calls. I would not recommend them to anyone, they cost about 700 bucks for the pair.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to complete this topic there is no such thing as D55 coils for 2500 V8 w/ 8800 GVWR. Skyjacker was planning on making them so they put it in the instructions but never made them.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
No, skyjacker arms. Before buying everything for the truck a while back I had talked to skyjacker about a 2 or 3 " spacer on top of their coils and they said that wouldnt be a problem, that was actually my 3rd choice for control arms, the first choice was to get a set custom made, but without having the specs on the arms that were coming with the rest of the kit nobody wanted to attempt it. My 2nd choice for control arms were the dick cepek arms but I found out that there was cutting on the frame for those arms so i went with the skyjacker stuff. I have no prob with spring perch angles or any other drivline angles. With the addition of my front bumper 250+ lbs and winch 95 lbs the front 8" springs are probably closer to 7" than they are 8" now. I had always planned on the winch and a winch bumper from the start so when I ordered the coils I had told them I was running the Diesel in my truck, to compensate for the extra weight.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Smooth telling them you have the diesel, so if I were to get some say, 7-8" coils for the front of my truck, it would do fine with the 4.5 inch skyjacker control arms? Interesting.....

Nick.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yes I have had no probs with mine, except excessive trak-bar wear and now I have the DT Bar to solve that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts