Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a red 99 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4X4 with only 23k on it. I'm going to sell it because I want a diesel and I'm looking for some advice. I have the 2" Daystar spacers in the front and I'm running 285/75/R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T's. I have a 3" Perf Acc body lift...what to do? Would I be better off to sell it as is or to put the body lift on and throw a set of 35?? under it? The truck is beautiful now...what to do?

·
Registered
266 Posts
sell it...here...e bay ...to me...your call

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Well as I see it the more modifications you do to a truck the more markets you are closing it off from. It doesn't mean you are going to get less $$ from the truck just that less people will be interested. In stock form my truck would attract an old man with a horse trailer or that needs to haul, a businees man that tows his boat on the weekends, a contractor, and a guy in his early twenties. But with my truck with the 35's on it and the loud ass exhaust it will only attract maybe the contractor and the guy in his early twenties.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with the above, plus you will almost NEVER get back out of the vehicle what you put into it. Meaning if you put X amount of dollars into a modification, don't expect the value of the vehicle to go up X amount of dollars.

If you already know you are gonna sell it, SELL IT. Save your $'s for the new ride...otherwise you are just modding up a truck for someone else...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with everone else, sell the truck "as is" if that is what you want to do. If you start making modifications to it, not only will you lose those interested in it, but then you will have those still interested in it wondering 1. why are you getting rid of it and 2. what have you done to it (as far as offroading is concerned) since it will have the lift and tires and so little miles. Save the money and put it into the new truck.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, that's what I was thinking anyways. Sometimes we just don't want to accept the truth, had to hear it from someone else. I'm in Marine Corps and I'm going to be gone for atleast the month of Feb and I can't sell my truck until I get back so...I'm just itchin' to do something! I hate driving a stock rig! Thanks again,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts