Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I just wanted to know a little more about the X/T's, from Fellow X/T users or ex. users. So far I have been very proud of my XT's, as they have done just the trick for me and My Ford F250. I have gotten in some mud, and been able to pull right through it, unlike the Firestone Steeltex's that were on it before. I do an incredable amount of driving as a salesman, got a 3/4 ton do to the weight I deliver while out making calls. I sell Industrial Supplies, mostly Flow Control, and that stuff can get heavy, real fast. I have made it many a time over the Grapevine with a load. ANyways back to the subject at hand. What should I expect out of my XT's? How many miles on a heaver truck? The other F250 we run has the Big O Big Foot AT Dual Grooves, and it's at 40,000+ right now, and still has a little meat left. I have heard that the tires throw rocks, I already have plans for mud flaps, but is it really any worse than traditional mud tires? Well, I am really happy with the looks, and performance so far, expecially the on road, just did a 700 mile trip, and I am glad it wasn't in swampers... In the mean time, take care. Look forward to reading whats said about Big O and their XT's

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was great finding out how well the worked in Mud, they kept my moving in Hollister. I would suggest going with these tires, if anyone is looking around. Besides you can not beat Big O's warranty.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I now have 13,000 miles on my Big O X/T's... I have worn them to the wear marks. I am some what concerned about geeting the milage I had hoped. However I'd like your input. I had hoped to get 30,000 miles out of the tires. I now I have a heavy truck (4,000+ GVW)and haul a large amount of wieght in it regularly (up to 1 ton), so I account this for the majority of the quick wear. Does all this equate to being to the wear rib by 13,000 miles in a little under 7 months? I am looking at feasble new tires when the time comes, (5,000 miles???). What's the impression on the tread wear for the MT/R's and Interco TrXus and Big O X/T's? I have a STRONG suspecion I will stick with Big O on this truck, due to the warranty... How ever I Might try one of the others on my Willys (Big O doesn't offer the X/T in "Large" sizes). Thanks in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.