Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just wanted to know a little more about the X/T's, from Fellow X/T users or ex. users. So far I have been very proud of my XT's, as they have done just the trick for me and My Ford F250. I have gotten in some mud, and been able to pull right through it, unlike the Firestone Steeltex's that were on it before. I do an incredable amount of driving as a salesman, got a 3/4 ton do to the weight I deliver while out making calls. I sell Industrial Supplies, mostly Flow Control, and that stuff can get heavy, real fast. I have made it many a time over the Grapevine with a load. ANyways back to the subject at hand. What should I expect out of my XT's? How many miles on a heaver truck? The other F250 we run has the Big O Big Foot AT Dual Grooves, and it's at 40,000+ right now, and still has a little meat left. I have heard that the tires throw rocks, I already have plans for mud flaps, but is it really any worse than traditional mud tires? Well, I am really happy with the looks, and performance so far, expecially the on road, just did a 700 mile trip, and I am glad it wasn't in swampers... In the mean time, take care. Look forward to reading whats said about Big O and their XT's

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Between Jason and I, we put 45,000+ on a set of tires, and there's not a lot left. Jason had a detroit in the back for some of that mileage.

In the mud, they keep up with BFG MTs. I don't think they are as aggressive in mud as my MTRs, but they definitely ride harsher. The XTs have some STRONG sidewalls. My MTRs are rated for the same, but they bulge more in the sidewall, and run a lot softer on the street. Louder, though... :):

We got a lot of mileage out of those, and I've kept them as spares.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was great finding out how well the worked in Mud, they kept my moving in Hollister. I would suggest going with these tires, if anyone is looking around. Besides you can not beat Big O's warranty.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Could someone put a pic of the Big O's on here. I've never heard of them much less seen 'em.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Close up, stick bug not included

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thanks Jason, those look pretty good. If they ever make it this far maybe I'll look into a set.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I now have 13,000 miles on my Big O X/T's... I have worn them to the wear marks. I am some what concerned about geeting the milage I had hoped. However I'd like your input. I had hoped to get 30,000 miles out of the tires. I now I have a heavy truck (4,000+ GVW)and haul a large amount of wieght in it regularly (up to 1 ton), so I account this for the majority of the quick wear. Does all this equate to being to the wear rib by 13,000 miles in a little under 7 months? I am looking at feasble new tires when the time comes, (5,000 miles???). What's the impression on the tread wear for the MT/R's and Interco TrXus and Big O X/T's? I have a STRONG suspecion I will stick with Big O on this truck, due to the warranty... How ever I Might try one of the others on my Willys (Big O doesn't offer the X/T in "Large" sizes). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I've got 9K on my tires now and still have 1/2" of tread on my MTRs

I think that driving style or vehicle weight must have come into play with as quickly as you ran through those tires... I put nearly that many miles on my old XTs after I bought them from Jason!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts