Off Road Vehicles banner

bias-plys?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  HotRodDaddy 
#1 ·
I am in the market for new tires. I kinda want radials, But there are better sizes for my configuration in bias-ply tires. I love offroading my truck, but it is my daily driver. I dont go on the highway too much. Should I stay away from bias-plys if Im not into hardcore offroading?

#4 ·
The max psi of 65 is probably at a high load. check the tire where it says that ..."max load xxxx at 65 psi" thats the load rating. you will have no problem running lower pressure. actually the best way to find out the best pressure is to power brake to leave a mark. pull forward and look at the mark. if it is skinnier than the tire, let air out. if it is light colored in the middle, need more air in. you want it to be an even mark.

#5 ·
I'd like to see the carnage in the transmission after doing a powerstand with 37-38" tires. I have the tsl radial and run them at 40 psi and still they look a little flat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.