Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disregarding price, who makes the overall best all terrain tire, BFGoodrich all terrain or the procomp all terrain, which will last longer which is better on the highway and off road. the size i would get would be 265/75/16 if pro comp or 285/75/16 BFG's unless someone can convince to stay with 265's. just lookin for some feedback..

'01 stock 1500 4x4 w 16x7 wheels

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I got 45,000 miles out of my BFG ATs. Can't go wrong with the 50,000 miles tread life warranty on the Pro-Comps though. I think that the BFG AT's have a better shoulder design though.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I recently put 265 75 R16 on my 2X4 ram 1500 SLT and they are great, I've already taken them through mud, loose uphill climbs, and fine sand conditions and so far i havn't even come close to getting stuck. i was very suprised on how much more traction i have compared with 245 75 R16 BIG O Tires all terains. I had a hill i tried with the BIG O TIRES and i could only make it half way up before i would be at a stand still, but last weekend i tried the hill just for the hell of it and i went right to the top with out breaking to much traction.

·
Registered
969 Posts
BFG'S and pro comps are close but he pro comps are definitely the better tire. BFG's are known for sidewall punctures frequently, granted you won't use an all terrain tire off road everyday, but the liitle differences make a big difference in the end. Pro comps are best known for the super long tread life.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If you run a tire 35" or less on your truck there is only 1 tire in my opinion, the BFG. The AT lasts longer than the MT but the MT provides much needed traction where the At does not. When you look in the 4 wheel mags look at the tires on all those trucks, especially the jeeps, they wheel those things hard, and they dont run a certain tire because it looks cool or they get a good deal on them. They run they because they perform. Go BFG.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
i would have to agree with biginuf. The bfg is an awesome tire my last set i got 52,000 out of and this set has 12,000 and still looks brand new. Awesome traction on road and off and they are also very good in the snow

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Have you seen the new TRXUS STS All-Terrains? Manufactured by Interco (aka Super Swampers).

*taken directly from their site:
The TrXus STS, the STS stands for Three Stage Sidewall, is a new concept in all terrain tires. These tires are not intended to be a substitute for the Super Swamper or Bogger tires but a tire for you if you spend a lot of time on the street. Besides working so well on the street it has good off road performance and excels in snow and sand. It is also very much at home in the rocks and will impress anyone with its all around performance. This tire is going to set a new standard in the all terrain category.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Although I have not run the AT in Procomp, I did have their MT's and I was not very happy with them. The ones I had lasted about a year. I now have the BFG MT's and after a year there is more than half the tread left. They do much better on the road and in rain.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
sts = Three Stage Sidewall, why not TSS, those guys at Interco need to lay off the booze. I hink people learned their lesson with the baha claw, wore out very quickly, like 15K, i would let others do my testing for me, give them a year or so.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
the only thing i dont like about my bfg at's, is that they suck in mud. they dont clear worth crap!! even after driving on the street for a 1/2 mile they are still clogged worse than procomp at's. i dont know about the mt though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts