Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
BUBBA,
I HAVE 4 PRO COMP MT'S FOR SALE WITH 16X10 EAGLE 589'S MOUNTED BALANCED WITH LOCKS AND HUBS FOR $500 PLUS FRT. TIRES HAVE APPROX. 600MILES ON THEM! THIS IS A GREAT DEAL. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ITERESTED. I CAN E-MAIL PICTURES FOR YOU.
THANKS,
EVJ

·
Registered
424 Posts
PErsonally I would go with the BFG's, they offer Road Hazard usually whereas Pro Comp doesn't. I like the BFG myself, it's not a new kid on the block.
LUV24BY

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well, let's put it this way - Depending on where your located (in AZ we have Discount Tire) the Road Hazard will cover any damage that is not repairable to the tire. This means you get a NEW tire for the cost of another Road Hazard certificate (Let's say you have 35's, $160+ a tire, you only have to pay $20-25 for another Road Hazard Certificate and away you go - a savings of $140!!!) I live in AZ, and the sun heats the pavement enough to boil an egg (yes, it really does!) anyway, soft compounded tires last fer s**t out here. They are about 10k miles less than most other states, once you have 25k miles on a set, whoops - had an non-repairable flat, got myself a NEW tire for $25 and the other three will find the same fate within 100 miles, Hmmmmmmmmm - a FULL set of tires for $100. I know it's wrong, but hey - It works! Call me a cheat, but EVERY ONE of my friends who 4 Wheels does it! Check out the Warranty and how far it covers down to and if it is prorated. Sometimes you can even buy a set of 33's and then want to got a 35, well you just pay the difference and not the entire price.
Let me know!
I would still stick with the BFG's regardless of the warranty - I like them in the mud they work really well. This is my first set of Goodyears, so we shall see!!!
LUV24BY

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I would tend to pick a mud terrain over an all terrrian any day, but I wheel the crap out of my truck.

Several of my buddies have the ProComp MTs and like them. Been pretty dry here so not much mud to play in to test themout. What mud there is a stock Ram Goodyear RS-A would handle.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've got 35X12.50X15 BFG AT/KO's. They are great. I've burried them entirely in this one hole that are the rest of my truck. Woulda gotten stuck if it weren't for them. I sunk 1/2 way up my doors as soon as I hit the hole, it was a TAD deeper than I thought! LOL.

Anyways, they don't clean themselves very good while your on the trail, but I've had NO problem with traction even when they're clogged with snot mud. It takes until about 20mph for them to clean out entirely (on paved surfaces).

I'm pleased with them, and don't regret the purchase.

·
Registered
464 Posts
BTW... the Road Hazard is AWESOME!!! Wait I mean it sucks... thats free work for me...

Naa really tho, I work for Sears Auto (mechanic). I've seen LOTS of tires get put on cars for free (minus the road hazard cost) its usually about $80 for a set of 35's, and about $60 for 33's (or 315's same diff)...

I highly recommend getting the road hazard warranty for one main reason. If we put your tires on and you leave the shop. If you hop a curb and blow the sidewall out, the SAME day you bought it. You're S.O.L.! Gotta cough up another $160 for a new tire, why waste that $130? Specially if you're gonna be trail 'wheelin it alot, all those rocks, sticks, branches, stumps, holes, etc...

But, its up to you.

-Chris

6" SkyJacker Suspension Lift Springs and shocks with 3" factory blocks. Custom Axle vents, 35X12.50X15 BFG AT/KO's on 15X8.5 American Racing Chrome Nuggets, AND sticks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well get this, I just bought some 315/75-R16 Wrangler MT/R for $200.00 each. Should mount them this week some time. Does anyone have anyone have any experience with the MT/R?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well, I JUST picked up MY NEW WHEELS & TIRES - MT/R's, not on the ride yet - but I paid $160 a tire for 35x12.50x15's - Not bad. It was the Centerlines that got me! ($175 a piece)
I have always had BFG's - first time with the Goodyear's - I'll let you know!
LUV24BY

·
Registered
86 Posts
just ordered 265/75/16 pro comp AT's plan on getting them next week, (shipped from california to New York) but plan on seeing what they can do, gotta be better then 245 michelins my truck came with.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I forgot to mention that Goodyear also is going to send me a $50.00 rebate so that brings the tires to $187.5 each.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I have the Procomp AT 265 75 R16
And so far its the best AT in my OPINION out there ive had BFG's, Goodyear, and BIG O AT's in the past. Ive been through mud, dirt, sand, and rocks and i havnt had any problems with traction or pucturing my tires. i bought them from 4 wheel part for 500 bucks installed. I go off roading just about every other weekend in the desert (el mirage) and up in the mountains in big bear.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i put on 305/70R16 pro comp M/T's last week and just got to drive through a monsoon with them today. they are much better in the rain than the stockers were, stopping, accelerating, and cornering. a tornado touched down about 20 miles south of here, but i didnt get to see how they handled in that. haha

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is killing me, I have 4 tires and 3 rims. Everything has come in except one rim. Stuff like this will drive you crazy.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Hell, seem like everyone that posts anything here on this site has posted a thought or two here. Well here's my 2 cents. Road hazard warranties. I Never leave home without them!
I won't purchase tires with out it. Heck, If I were to TEAR out a side wall while doing the Rubicon, I get a free tire. Can't beat that. Jeep has 33" BFG mt's, my truck runs 32" BFG at's. Free rotations, balancing. (from Sears)
Later....

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Road hazard is a lot like extended warranties for your truck. Do you gamble and not get it, or buy it and hope something breaks to get your money's worth?

When I bought my original BFG ATs way back when, I got the road hazard from Sears. Tore a sidewall on a trip and had the tire replaced, but it cost me the pro-rated difference based on tread depth and then a new road hazard for that tire. Total cost was only $30 less than a new tire. Road hazard for the other 3 tires was more than that so I lost about $10 in the deal.

My Big-O XT tires have a great road hazard for FREE. As long as the tread is legal and the tire can not be repaired, they'll replace it for free.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts