Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Pro Comp M/T's (35's) on my truck.
<!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://www.pavementsucks.com/gallery/viewride.cgi?ride_id=189" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End -->
I really like them, excellent grip on and off road, not to noisy. You can tell they are there, but it is a quiet hum in the cab (really good for a MT). They have siping which really helps with traction (found on very few MT's). They ride better than my friends Goodyear AT's (although we think he has out of round tires). I've had them offroad, and was really impressed. Ran a trail here in colorado (without airing down) and had no traction problems.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
BigO XTs. Good in mud, and VERY quiet on the highway. You should be able to get 40+K out of them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree with Aaron on the XT's. They really are good off road, I had no problems in Hollister with mud i was in. When on the road they are really nice driving and quite, for the amount of tire you have. Besides Big O has a great warranty. Basically at no charge, they will fix a flat or replace the tire, no questions asked. I already had at least two flats on a pair of Big O AP Dual Grooves, and had no problems or additional expeditures to get the tires fixed. At the very least go to Big O and check them out.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
i have been looking into the big O tires but here in va noone has ever heard of them. little help here guy?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think the super swamper bogger especially the 36+sizes are the best street tire around for the money, its street and heavy rain ability is unmatched.

·
Registered
683 Posts
You wont get that many miles out of a bogger though. They are a good handling tire for as aggressive tred they have. I've got 10k on my BFG M/T's (old style)and they are still going strong. I'm expecting 30+ out of them. They perform well off road and on.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yea, I agree with big I once got 50,000 miles out of a set of 44in boggers I hade on my old powerwagon

·
Registered
683 Posts
How did you get so many mile out of a bogger? I've seen boggers with 15k on them look like drag slicks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
its called sarcasm

Brett

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
actually after uncle was done with them i traded him an old transfer case for the 44's that he had on the wagon and I put them on a F-350 and got another 14,000 miles out of them, they were so smooth they would put me to sleep on the way home.

·
Registered
683 Posts
NOW I know yall are F.O.S.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
lol, it was fun while it lasted, they suck sh t on the street.

·
Registered
362 Posts
yep, no doubt

·
Registered
23 Posts
im a fan of the Cooper STTs for on/off road. they are a M/T and wear long. usually about 40K. but when i get my jeep, she'll be wearin boggers, cuz it aint gonna be on concrete much.

·
Registered
683 Posts
funny!!! i'm about half a sleep and that one got me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Anonymous, I run Wild Country RVT A/T with after-production siping (sp?). I live in the mountains, drive 28 miles of curvy highway and 2 miles of pothole-y dirt road...lots of ice, snow and slush in the winter. Excellent traction! Very Quite.

I wrecked my truck after ~5000 miles on my 33x9.50x15 factory height (no rubbing), pulled them off before the insurance company took it. New truck has 17" wheels, not going to use these tires if you are interested in buying them?

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
I know Big-O has stores in Denver and Cheyenne sothey are more than just west coast, just not sure how far to the "dark side" they go.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
<!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.bigotires.com/TireDetail.asp?sid=1&did=533&zip=&dlr=&tire=9&bid=1" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->

1 - 20 of 23 Posts