Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GMC Yukon GT (same as Tahoe SPort :): )

Whipple supercharged MPI 6.3L 383 V8 stroker motor, Dana60 rearend, Premier Performance 4L60E transmission, plus much more...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://www.fullsizechevy.com/gallery/offroad/koch.shtml" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End -->

-zach-

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
one more thing... it says that its sporting the edelbrock ias shocks, but if you look at the top picture, those look like ranchos to me. the ias's are red body with a black boot.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yep, id say it looks alittle to prettied up and clean to be a serious offroader. It looks more luxurious than tuff to me. Cool rig though...it would look really nice if youd take off than stupod lookin visor and remove all the bumperstickers and.......

·
Registered
362 Posts
I agree with hawaii, those shocks look like ranch ho's,,,, uh I mean rancho's, and the truck..yea....all show and no mud flow. Hell, he might beat me stop light to stop light, but I'll pull him through the mud backwards while eatin his lunch.....haha! Real 4x4's have tow straps and winch accessories in the back to help fords and chevys across puddles, not bumpin stereos. And what about those dick-ce-pecker tires??? Swampers would have looked alot better and for the price of the ce-peckers you probably could have gottin two sets of swampers, but when you drive on the pavement all day every day you want a nice long lasting , comfortable riding tire for those trecherous trips to the mall and God forbid you should have to jump a curb to beat a soccor mom in her honda odessy to a parking spot at the local 7-11, you would definitly need the super charger to gain enough momentum and speed to do that in a heavy-chevy. Cause yall know that without that charger that lill' old motor would just up-n-die trying to turn those tires. Yep, I'll stick to my good old derge cruck any day. And if it were to ever die on me I'd rather use a winch and drag my dodge to get to where I'm going than to hitch a ride in a chevy (haha). I've got my pride.....

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I e-mailed the guy and asked him if his truck had ever seen mud... and if it had, and if it really was a 4x4, he would have pics of it covered in mud posted along with the clean ones... LOL

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn, you people are harsh....who cares if it hasn't seen mud. It's a nice looking truck I think.

Yukon GTs are all four wheel drive.

-zach-

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Truck looks baaadass, Really like it. No matter if it's seen mud, it's a piece of work, and you should be proud of the work you've put into it.

Nick.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
who cares if it hasnt seen the mud. all of you know you would love to have that truck and probably wouldnt take it off road either. ya know those could be old pics with older shocks on and now hes got the edelbrocks on there...you guys need to simmer down and stop nit picking crap

·
Registered
57 Posts
thats where your wrong white z i would put that damn thing through so much hell if it was mine. Hell give me a mercedes benz and ill run that thing through the biggest mud bog youve ever seen. Ill go 4wheelin in anything.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
He e-mailed me back and yes, it does see mud! He also uses it as a show truck so it doesnt see mud as much as all you guys. Plus he did have a point, there is much more to off-road then a mud hole! Anyway, here is an article about this truck... http://www.jkmotorsports.com/mag/
and this one I bet will get ya going and talking and bashin him... it is his other tahoe...
http://www.jkmotorsports.com/denali/

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I dont know about you but the first article where it say we really dont need a 6 or more inches lift on our trucks in the west. hahaha
i guess hes never heard of the Rubicon or our sand dunes at glamis where a big lift can save your butt. oh and we dont have big mud holes here either i guess. i know Azusa caynon OHV can pretty much eat up any 4x4 no matter how big.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
ya dodge_mudder that would be a great idea to dump tons of money into a great truck and tear the hell out of it. ya i would take it off road some but i would know my limits

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
i still dont see y u guys are rippin on this truck...its someone's truck that they were proud of and they just wanted other people to see it and get ideas from it..at least its not "slammed" to the ground with 22" wheels rolling on it.. i mean come on the thing is pretty awesome..who cares if he goes through 4 foot deep mud... its his truck, let em do what every the hell he wants with it

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
yeah its a cool truck. Sorry, I am just sick of seeing the yuppies in suburbia driving their land rovers and ford expaditions with enormous brush guards, safari racks, tail light guards... yada yada yada, and all it does is go from home to soccor practice. I will admit, I drive all city, I live in suburbia HELL, and have a desk job. My truck doesnt see off road alot but I didnt just put all the junk on my truck for looks, it has a purpose.. to protect my truck when I do use it off-road. (to which I would do more if there where legal places to do it here in crap hole minnesota!) I have driven through mud with my truck, plowed over trees with the brush guard, hell even just about got stuck. I do keep my truck clean as I can, but I dont worry about mud, water, and some scratches... after all... its a truck!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts