Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That top pic with the truck on its nose, was a staged pic for the cover of a 4-wheeler magazine about 1 year ago.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
4wheel caught hell from many readers over that. i still have that laying around somewhere. i might not agree with it, but you have to admit it was a cool cover shot.

·
Registered
362 Posts
That was a wast of one of my faaavorrite year model Chevy's. And the Jeep can you say slavage title!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I feel bad for the guy in the river, i've had expieriences with engines below water and it sucks bad!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ummmm, Rambrdr, did you see that last pic? His truck is gone. How does someone report that to the insurance company? File a police report saying the truck was stolen by the river? lol

·
Registered
969 Posts
When it happned to me it was a four wheeler that was completely submerged.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would still take the Chevy. Now you wouldn't have to worry about beating the crap out of it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i sucked some water in my quad too. i was by myself about a mile from my truck and in the middle of a creek. i had to cross this creek to get back and it was about a 3 foot drop into it. so im like what the hell and just nailed it. i hit the water, drove about 4 feet and died. i had to get off and push it to some shallower water and let it sit for a while where it then started luckily. the exhaust was super loud from having water in it though, but not bad.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Rmbrdr you are right all you need is a snorkel kit for your intake so your engine can breath while you make 9 foot deep water crossings. Who needs electronics and spark? They are for silly people.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Well the big problem is the computer. They usually have splash guards but those only cover half of the pcm. They are usually located on the passenger side firewall or in behind the glove compartment on american made trucks.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I think the closest I ever got to being that deep would be crossing a stream in the winter, hey the water level only went up a little bit. I was going pretty slow, didn't want to splash the 'puter crap and kill it. The water level was right up past my headlights...that one was a little wet. Glad my stero amp doesn't sit under the seat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts