Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are these at? Anyone relocated them so you don't get crap in them? I was looking around for them today (tonight, dark) and I couldn't find them, are they just on the top of the diff. housing?

Nick.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, unless you go in stuff that is deeper than the frame, you shouldn't need to worry about getting junk in the axles? Only need clean out the brakes from debris? I guess I don't need to worry about going through a foor or foot and a half of water then...thanks.

Nick.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you mud at all, raise those suckers up. I found out the hard way. I was pushing water with my front bumper in a hole..... two months later ALL my bearings in the front axle were shot. Pulled the cover and out came the "chocolate milk" The axle had just been totally redone 2 weeks prior to the water day. :(:

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
just look and find out where they are first. most likely only a foot of mud/water wouldnt be a problem.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Hey do the 2wd have the sxle vents up high like a 4x4. I avnt looked but i dont think they do. Most of the time us 2wd cant go in too deep mud where it might be a problem, but i have been through some soupy and deep mud before. Is there any special material i can use to raise the axle tube. Or will some rubber tubing be fine.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at mine, looks easy to extend them. Just a double nipple hose adapter, and some 1/2" or 3/4" tubing and run it up to a higher point, behind the cab and in front of the bed is where I was thinking.

Nick.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Mine has the Tranny vent and diff vent at the side of the PCM, the hoses have unidirectional valves, so when you get into the water and the Diff´s and tranny receive the cold water there is produced a suction, so the valves block the entrance of water to the sistems. So you can go with the water over your hook and no problem. :bigthumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts