Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '98 ram 4x4 dana 44 open up front and chrysler 9.25 in back, the question is where are the axle vents on these axels and how would you set up the air hose to relocate these

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
On the front axle, the vent is above the CAD. (the thing attached to the passenger side between the diff and the wheel). The vent should already be extended into the engine compartment on passenger side fender near the shock tower.

The rear axle is vented from the brake distribution block on the drivers side tube between the diff and wheel. It should be vented up to the frame rail directly above the axle.

I relocated mine by using 3/8" fuel hose and ran the front one in the same spot as factory, but kept it oging all the way up to the corner above the computer.

The rear is smaller hose, but really clamoing down on the 3/8" worked for me. I ran it up to the frame rail, back to the driver side tail light, removed the taillight and pushed the tube into the space between the bed walls and tied it to a hole on the bed stake mount. Tight fit to get your hands in there, but it is dry at least. If I get water up that high,I have other problems.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The rear is vented thru the brake hold down on the axle tube? Huh... I have the 9.25 on my truck, and I'll be damned if its vented at all. The only thing on the axle tube is the brake dist block, and there's nothing except brake likes coming off it, even the bolt is solid.

Did they change to that kidna vent for the newer trucks?... and if not how/where is my rear diff venting?

-Chris

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Sorry Chris, I have no idea about the older trucks. I did the same "huh?" when I realize it vented off the brake distribution block as well. Seemed like an odd spot to have so many different purpose lines together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts