Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running an Auburn LSD in their front differential? If so, how does it handle? I was thinking of adding an Auburn LSD to the front and replacing the rear Trac-Loc with an Auburn unit as well...any good or bad advice???

·
Registered
246 Posts
did you see the video's of Doug stuck at Hollister? he has a rear aburn unit. i think that Jason says it best "when you realy want it it gives out" or something like that. so i stick with thoughs words of wisdom. get a detroit rear and save up for the elocker or ARB locker man do it once do it right :):

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
LSD's never work very well, you have to manipulate them with the brakes, and it sucks. I have a Powertraxx in the front of mine, and the only downfall is the front driveshaft spinning all the time, other than that, the streetability is pretty good. With the cad unlocked, the axle is not completely locked together, so there is no abnormal tire wear. LSD's cost as much as lockers, if not more, so why not get the real thing for when you actually need it? That way you can wheel with confidence, knowing that you have 3 wheel drive. I absolutely LOVE mine, allows me to do things I never could before...and with Finesse!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts