Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so all I gotta say... is these straps are fricken sweet... and yes they are spongy...
you maybe read that I went out on Saturday... with windsor777 and a few others....

well I pulled a guy Dan out.. I also did a nono....
used the ball on his bumper and my front tow hook.. my front stock tow hooks are THICK so that is good.. but the ball part was bad.... will not do that again...
anyhow....
when I pulled him out in reverse (yeah I know not a good idea) anyhow.... i took all the slack out of the 40' 4 ply strap... then hit it.. well I just spun.. so I moved 2 feet forward and lunged back... that strap STRETCHED LIKE A MOFO!!!! and bungied him unstuck..... I asked him what was it like.. he said it felt good..... he has always wheeled and has a chain.. I refused to use his chain... and he said.. boy my chain is like getting your kidneys ripped out by a thief... and that strap pulled nice and soft.....

so anyone else use their strap yet and enjoy it????
story on it????
cmon share!!!!

plus she looks so perdy on the front of my truck
[img=500x375]http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/272311/fullsize/RootBreaker4.jpg[/img]

[img=500x375]http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/272312/fullsize/RootBreaker5.jpg[/img]

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have yet to use it but I guess I will have to take a pick of where I put it when offroading. Its practiclly idenical(sp?) to yours.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2005-12-12 05:00, RiverboyZ71 wrote:
I have yet to use it but I guess I will have to take a pick of where I put it when offroading. Its practiclly idenical(sp?) to yours.

that is funny.. it was actually behind my seat.. but pulling out that guy.. it got drugged through a mess of COLD water/mud... so letting it dry.. the only problem with it there is it droops a bit... not tight.. so need to figure out a way to loop it and get tighter so I can leave it there.. I like it there!!!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
On 2005-12-12 05:06, RootBreaker wrote:
so need to figure out a way to loop it and get tighter so I can leave it there...

Might want to reconsider as I'm sure that the Army didn't take into consideration UV damage from sunlight when that strap was made.

steved

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On 2005-12-12 05:31, steved wrote:

Might want to reconsider as I'm sure that the Army didn't take into consideration UV damage from sunlight when that strap was made.

steved

good point.... well taken.. since it is almost dry.. well iced now... ill put it behind my seat again

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
On 2005-12-12 05:00, RiverboyZ71 wrote:
Its practiclly idenical(sp?) to yours.

You are joking, right?

Identical

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Im still waiting for an opportunity to use mine.

·
Registered
944 Posts
i have used mine probly close to 30 times and its starting to show a lil wear but that is cause not everyone is nice enough to have proper tow points
i have kept mine in the bed of my truck most of the time still attached to the hitch

its great strap and the fact that its 4 ply helps a ton

trucks have have used it on:
79 bronco
88 yota
89 bronco
ranger
96 ram
ram charger
jeeps couple of them
fullsize chevy
and the fed ex guy
many be others but those are the ones i know forsure

love the strap

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
havent had a chance to use mine yet but cant wait to :naughty:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
I have used mine quite a few times. I havent use the 20 footer yet but I always keep the 40 footer with me in my tool box at all time.

·
Registered
698 Posts
On 2005-12-12 09:27, redjosh wrote:
i have used mine probly close to 30 times and its starting to show a lil wear but that is cause not everyone is nice enough to have proper tow points
i have kept mine in the bed of my truck most of the time still attached to the hitch

its great strap and the fact that its 4 ply helps a ton

trucks have have used it on:
79 bronco
88 yota
89 bronco
ranger
96 ram
ram charger
jeeps couple of them
fullsize chevy
and the fed ex guy
many be others but those are the ones i know forsure

love the strap

the fed ex guy. :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
On 2005-12-12 08:49, LPD111 wrote:

You are joking, right?

Identical

...thats why it looked so funny to me I forgot the damn "T" :wall:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
On 2005-12-12 15:02, DodgeBoy wrote:

the fed ex guy. :rotfl:

I had to pull out the UPS guy one time in our driveway. He was turning around and there is a spot where we back up, well he went a little to far.

·
Registered
413 Posts
i have only used mine once so far, it worked great although we used it to extend the reach of a com-a-long(sp?) so i dont know if it really stretched like you are talking about. but it workde really well and his jeep is out.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I used it but it was a tacoma and didn't require any momentum type pulls, so haven't really go to test out the rubber band-ness of it yet.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
id like one if yyou still got any Root

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm interested in one if you have any more

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't have one of yours but used my strap to pull out a loaded tandem axle grain truck the other day. Talk about stretch.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts