Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone is running 35's with stock gears because Im planning on a 5 inch skyjacker and 35's but I wont have the money to get gears right away. My gear ratio is 3:55.
Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have 35"s and 3.55's they work but I'd get them changed as soon as you can afford them. It's pretty gutless compared to stock. I'm getting mine changed to 4.10's maybe 4.56's in a few months.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Im running 39.5's with stock gears, but then again, I have 4.11's, Im gonna swap out my 4.11's for 4.88's if anyone wants my 4.11's then make an offer, they are in a dana 60-F and 70-R.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I had 3.55 gears and 35's for about two weeks. I couldn't stand it any more. In fact, part of my decision of who did it was based on getting to it a day before the other people could. I kept telling myself that I could deal with it but I couldn't. Then again I am a hot rodder, and it would pull itself, but very careful application of the throttle was necessary. I would either borrow the money (not something I care to do) or wait until you can do it all at once. I put up with it for about 2 weeks, but when I avoided driving my rig I knew it was time for a change. Just my 2 sense.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have 36's with 3:55's. I've had this setup for about a year. I thought I would hate it but it's not as bad as I thought. I still plan to change them. I'm not a hot rodder though.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I started with 3.90 gears and 33´s, but in the sand the truck didn´t work ass well ass it does stock, then I´ve switched to 4.56, and 33´s, and the truck does a pretty good job of keeping speed on sand, now I´m running 35´s and they work pretty good.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm running 36's with 3.55's and the truck can take it but I'm desperate to change the gears and get my performance back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts