Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well as far as it being gay my truck is identical to the diesel models so not to many people would know and the only reasons i would want to do it is becuase then there is no worry about back pressure in water.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Well i was tinking about puttin one stack on the passenger side to prevent it from being in the mud/water. but i have a single cab and it might get loud.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I dont mean gay as in look wise but purpose wise. When people see you driving down the rode with stacks they expect some smoke to come out of there but then when you take off and there is nothing that is what I meant. It is a good idea to keep it from mud and water.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i had a 77f150 and it had stacks on it, it was a mud truck, same reason as you want to, no water and mud in exhaust.

·
Registered
870 Posts
On 2008-03-02 15:56, redrange wrote:
I dont mean gay as in look wise but purpose wise. When people see you driving down the rode with stacks they expect some smoke to come out of there but then when you take off and there is nothing that is what I meant. It is a good idea to keep it from mud and water.

:wall: :wall: a properly tuned diesel does not smoke on take off.. smoke is unburned fuel..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im thinking of moving my mufflers forward some cuz i already have dual exhaust then running the same size pipes i have now up they are 3in and then getting some nice 4 in chrome stacks to slide over them and mount in just so it doesnt look bad i dont think it will be that much louder when its finished

·
Registered
404 Posts
that is the main resion i pit them on my truck

·
Registered
404 Posts
i ran a 3 inch 9 ito a 4x4 box tube for the cross pipe into the 4 inch stacks. I love them, i have changed the stacks to a set of bull haller stile that i had made to help keep rain out, but i think they sound good i have had peopl ask if i had motor work done like stroker and i dont have anything done.
All and all i like it and it works grate for what i wonted it to do

·
Registered
404 Posts
no problem i think i still have some pics of it too if u would like them i could e mail them to just need ur e mail

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
the only bad thing I can think of is that the v10s have a strange sound with-out any muffler on, or with pretty much any muffler out there..

If you dig the sound, then rock it.

-Jordan

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
On 2008-03-02 16:41, LIL Mack wrote:

:wall: :wall: a properly tuned diesel does not smoke on take off.. smoke is unburned fuel..

mine must be running rich, thats why im only getting 21+ mpg.

and, IMHO, the only way a stack(s) look good is if they are sticking out of the hood. everyone else is just trying to be a super trucker.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Go for it. At least you've got a big enough gasser that will put out enough exhaust that the big stacks wont look pointless for. Either way theres no reason "not to". I'd love to put some on mine but would prob get heckled too much from everyone that I shy away from the idea lol.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just because a diesel is smoking does not mean it out of tune. Lots of guys shave thier injectors and turn up the injection pumps just for the smoke an still run smoothly. Plus the smoke can also be carbon build up not just fuel. Ever notice the trucks ideling for and hour or so before they pull. Thats so the carbon will build up and they will blow more smoke pulling.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts