Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking into getting a single cab 02 dodge 4x4 and adding lift and tires and i was wondering if anybody had one or new of any pics of one lifted up, i know most people dont like the new dodges because of the ifs and looks but the ifs doesnt bother me because i am not paying that much money to go rock crawling or anything (thats what the 78 cj7 in the shed is for) i just need something to cruise around and look good in.

thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello- full throttle makes a 10 inch lift for the 2k2 ram, it looks pretty good, they have a picture posted at an event......go to the number 8 page on this same forum, and click on th number 10 topic (2002 lifted)..

99-318-club cab 2wd- 14"x3" K&N airfilter-IAT sensor resistor-TPS sensor mod-180 degree thermostat-3923 autolites-brass insert dist. cap-285-75-16- all terrains-3" rough country suspension lift- rs9000 metallic red - black decal removed from side windows

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Just to make it easier, <!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/viewtopic.cgi?topic=339&forum=11&8" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
the truck looks sweet lifted, except for that snow plow under the front end!

·
Registered
295 Posts
In case anyone didn't know. The new and ugly body style is only on the 1500's, in 2002. The 2500's and 3500's are still the same for 2002. I saw pictures of what the 2500's and 3500's may look like in 2003 and they are going to be even worse. Buy one now before it's too late!! I plan on buying one in July. I'll see if I can find that picture of the prototype for 2003 and post it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
If anybody cared for anymore information on the '02 Ram...here's my opinion, If you want a 4x4 and want to actually use it. Take a look at the difference in the entry and departure angles between the '01 or older and the '02. The front bumper on the '02 sits about 6 inches lower then that of of its stock older Ram. Those 17s look really nice on it too...except I priced them at my companies cost. Stock tires are only $30 less then the ones I currently run on my '98. I still don't like the IFS, especially considering the ride quality is very similar to my lifted Ram. The hood is higher, which makes it a little more difficult to see when climbing. That big ol' plastic grill will be expensive to replace, if you need to. On the positive side though...I like the headlights on the '02 better then the stock ones on mine. They seem to reach out farther and also project around the front corners of the truck. It makes it a little easier to see whats down low in front of you and on the sides. The interior has an extra storage area underneath the center console storage area. More storage room is always nice. I like the white face guages, they also have the power foot pedal option (for those short people) so they can sit farther away from that airbag thing. To end on a sour note though...projected fuel economy with the 5.9 liter is actually 1mpg less than that of a '01. Enjoy my opinions...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You can get an idea if you have a friend with a stock Dodge. Go to a dealer and compare to a new one. Some of the styling features may not bother you as much as it annoyes me. I still wouldn't buy one. If I could be able to afford another Ram, I'd probably go with a 3/4 or a 1 ton.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts