Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was talking to a sales man at the dealer tonight about one of the 2500s that they had there and he made a comment about top speed with the 4.10 gear option.
He was trying to tell me that with the 4.10s and I think the auto trans that you would end up with a top speed of like 75 or a little more on the freeway.. You wouldnt be readlined but you wouldnt want to push it more than that since it would be close..

This sounds like complete crap to me. If the auto didnt have an overdrive then it would be correct but otherwise I don't know....

Anyone?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
That's BULL$#!T...! :rant: Did you give him a piece of your mind? :lol:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasnt in the mood after dealing with their service department. I just said whatever and told him that I would be going back to Redwood City Dodge to order my new truck since they have better prices.

·
Registered
807 Posts
even without overdive you could go way faster. top speed in my 1500 with 4:10 (when the stock tires were still on it) was 117 mph in 3rd gear, thats with an auto. my old ram with 3:55's would go 120 mph.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i dont know that i would say way faster, and depending on tire size, he might be close. gotta remember that a cummins redlines at about 3500rpm. mine is a standard, with 33s and a higher gear ration(3.54 unfortunately)my top end is about 85-90

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TxCowboy,

Is that top speed in over drive at red line or just the max that you would really want to cruise it at? I need to go take one for a test drive tomorrow and then place my order.

·
Registered
23 Posts
thats about all i got out of it the other day on the highway. pedal all the way and runnin maybe 3000rpms, which isnt redlined...but it was all she had

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TxCowboy,

I guess I will have to tell the dealer that I want to test that out on the freeway and see what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts