Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I am just gathering info for now and have been to various sites for alternators. I currently have a 120 amp alternator which is fine . But i am upgrading to some electric dual fans that are rate at 40-50 amps depending on which ones i pick. I also am using a PWM to control them so they will not be using full out put at start up but soft start. Just in case i need more amps what would be a good choice. I am more worried about idle in traffic for the fans if they are at full capacity with the ac on. I was thinking i could get away with 170 -175 as long as the idle amps are around 100 amp or better. I already have upgraded the wires to 4ga for the alternator and bigger wires from the custombatterycables so i am prepared for a bigger load if needed. I keep seeing massive 250 and higher but feel this is ridiculous. I know the wire can handle more just was hoping to find one at about 200-220 even though i will never use it. The regulator will only call for what is needed anyway. thanks for any input.
1995 dodge ram 1500 408 stroker, msd ignition.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Damn its been a while good to see this website still is alive,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts