Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front tires appear to be sitting at a slight angle. It looks like the top of the tire is closer to the vehicle than the bottom. The tire wear would suggest that this is true. This is not adjustable is it?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Are both sides of the toe of the tire touching? That is adjustable.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
it is not really "adjustable", but it can be fixed. i had a frame and alignment shop, a true alligenment shop not firestone or sears, put in a set of adjustable ball joints. the whole ordeal cost about $300. the part was like $180 @ for the set, and the aligenment was $45 so if you installed them you could save a little. i will post a pic when i take one.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Are you sure that is adjustable?, because I have the same problem, but I thought that was tha larger tires that makes the Stock Camber noticiable. If it is adjustable, please tell us how. Also could be the axle housing that could be bent. Wich is not so difficult if you are jumping like a mad.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Can't help you on how to adjust it :dunno: I don't do alignments, but the reason why i say that is that when I got my lift installed of course i needed an alignment. And right after the lift was installed the inside toe of the front tire was barely touching the pavement.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
you may also want to check your hub bearings! jack up your truck and grab the top and bottom of the tire and shake it to see if there is any play...

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-04-22 16:58, HotChiliRam wrote:
Are you sure that is adjustable?, because I have the same problem, but I thought that was tha larger tires that makes the Stock Camber noticiable. If it is adjustable, please tell us how. Also could be the axle housing that could be bent. Wich is not so difficult if you are jumping like a mad.

when i put my lift on my truck last year, i figured id take it to the "local" 4x4 shop to get it aligned figuring they were good at it, well because they are a 4x4 shop.
well i was told that he really couldnt align it because my axle housing is bent, and he could fix it to the tune of $1500. i found this a little hard to beleive since it would have to come from Dodge that way, and i never took it offroad with the exception of the dirt and gravel roads near my in-laws in michigan. he still charged me $100 (i think they just took it to an alignment place, paid $50 and doubled it and charged me $100) the next weekend i took the truck to NTB and proceed to do the alignment and get it to spec for thrust, toe, caster, but camber was like 1.5 degrees off. odds are slim to none that if the axle was bent, the thrust angle would be off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts