Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up until now most of my wheelin' with my Ram has been either in late summer or in the snow. I am going with another PS guy and his friends this weekend and he says there will be some good mud/ water holes.
I have the stock airbox with a K&N drop in...
Would I better off leaving the stock airbox-to-fender ducting in place, or should I disconnect the duct and let it draw from within the engine compartment?
I noticed a couple of guys on here talking about sucking water and I would like to avoid that.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think you would be better with it in. The space between the inner and outer fender wells is pretty good at getting clean dry air.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input Biginuf,

The guy I'm going with said he runs his stock box intact.
I just wasn't sure which way was best.

When in doubt ask the guys who know. :):
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
If you saw the inside of my engine compartment, you wouldn't think about removing the hose... :):

This isn't me, but he's about the same height:
http://www.pavementsucks.com/album/fr02093.jpg

This is me (but is movie, and big)
http://www.pavementsucks.com/album/fr02008.mpg

Mud up 3" on the doors, inside the doorway, but kept out by the seals... Know that airvent behind the door, in the B-pillar? covered in mud.

Underhood? Nightmare. Everything covered in mud. It catches the fan and just goes everywhere.

Inside that tube? mostly clean. air-filter had some mud on it, but not too bad.

I probably won't ever run a K&NGen II intake, with the exposed element air cleaner...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ram man where's the faith.. I would not steer you wrong.. There are some mud/water holes were are we going this weekend that I will not go in.. I still like my interior to much... LOL DDGETHS

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry DDGETHS! :p:
I kept looking at that factory hose going...
Hmmmm... where's that air coming from?
I was thinking of my old 75 Blazer and how it drew from under the hood.
Remembered the pic of your truck swimming where we are heading saturday and wanted to make sure I didn't drown my baby! :p:

Is it Saturday yet????? :):

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woody that was a cool video!

I'm not crazy about getting water/mud inside my truck (Come oonnnnnn door seals!) :p:
I have two amps and a 12 disc changer mounted to the floor(one under each seat)

I'll just have to make sure my girlfriend doesn't try to abandon ship in the middle of a mud hole! :):

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
looks like woody really coulda used a locker in the front the way that driver's side was spinning in th air when he came out of the hole

1 - 9 of 9 Posts