Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replace their axle shaft in their 1500's Dana 44? I did a little research but didn't find much. I'm going to replace my u-joints with the Dana Spicer 5-760x (thanks for the recommendation Jason :D: ) and while im at it, replace out the stock axle shafts with stronger units. I checked out Warn and Superior Axle, but didn't find anything for the Dodges. Do I need to go with some custom fabricated front axles? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
46 Posts
you might not find anything for 85 and newer dodges because they run the center axel dissconnect in the front axel.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah thats true! Its an intermidiate shaft.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
If you can find it, get fully heat treated shafts. Surface treated shafts are not as strong.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I called Moser, and they said they would build axle shafts for you, they just needed the size and length specs. They actually cost about the same as the OEM replacements. I would go with Moser, that is what I am going to do when I get some extra cash.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does anyone know the specs on the front axle shafts on the dana 44 w/ cad??? i dont want to have to remove them just to measure them, then reinstall them until the new ones are ordered...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts