Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! I just got myself a 1997 Ram and love it. I want to change over the air intake system to something less restrictive and so far I've found three on the net. One is of course, the K&N FIPK, Airaid also make a system that has the their swirl technology built into the housing, both use a large cone shaped K&N filter. Turbo city also has a Dual Inlet Air tube that uses dual 5"x5" round K&N's that looks like it would flow great too. Any opinions out there on which one of these works the best?

Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
check out http://www.intenseperformance.com all of their intakes are only rated for the Dakota and the Durango but they are supposed to fit the Ram if you call them. They claim 25% more flow than K&N and they have a cold air canister that goes over the filter to keep hot air and mud out of the filter.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've talked to the guy at Intenseperformance, cool guy. He said that he's not 100% sure that they will fit, he's never done a fit test. He's hoping to have Ram one out in the near future.

I have the K&N FIPK Gen II with the Hughes filter. So far so good. Its easy to install and I can tell a difference in throttle responce.

Bob

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hahaha.. I just posted that link in the throttle body thread.
The guy lives 30-40 minutes from me.

I've been thinking of driving down there when I scrape up a little extra cash. He's actually cheaper than K&N on the filter set-up.
After reading some of the probs with water that some of you guys are having with the K&N's I think that I'd want to at least use the the cold air canister when muddin' or swimmin'...
Heck, maybe run the cold air all the time... and then for deep water disconnect the hose and slip a foam boot over the front of the canister to help keep the water out?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Someone on here has one, I've seen posts from him/her but I can't remember who it was, so whomever you are speak up so we can
find out if you had to modify it for the RAM.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
check out the Volant Cool Air System!

w/ Ram Air Scoop

thats what i run in my ram! :bigthumb:

'98 Dodge Ram 1500 QC SLT 4X4 5.2, 5" SkyJacker Stage II Kit, 35/12.50/15 GoodYear MT/R's on 15X8 Weld Sidewinders, Flowmaster Cat-Back Exhaust System, Volant Cool Air Intake System w/ Ram Air Scoop, Custom Audio System.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That volant is a mother to buy, iTs like 200 for the kit and another 150 just for that scoop damn that ill keep my carb air cleaner

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Or if you dont have the money jsut buy a cone K&N filter and take some black sewer pipe and make one. Thats what i did and it works jsut as good as one you can buy for $200+. I didnt wanna spend to much money so i just ended up spending $40 for the filter and about $5 more the pipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts