Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
On 2001-07-30 06:49, RootBreaker wrote:
I did unhook the s-bar from the drop pitman arm... I was able to swing out the tires both ways for full wheel movement. Nothing is binding. So while I had the truck lifted off the ground I put the s-bar back on then my steering worked fine. Until I put the truck back on the ground, then I went to my normal problem???????

is your steering box and pump original? could it be that the gear box isn't getting enough pressure from the pump, or that maybe the box itself is bypassing the pressure it needs to turn those huge meats? i would ponder the increase in contact patch and mass of what you have mounted to the truck now versus the dinky little tires the truck came with multiplied by the age of the pump and box. you didn't mention before if the steering wheel stopped along with the steering travel. if the steering wheel turns lock to lock and the tires don't make it all the way over, then the problem isn't in the steering linkage, but more likely in the gear box.
get someone else to spin the wheel while you watch the front end and let us know what happens.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts