Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove up to big bear on saturday night when i noticed my abs light turn on and off several times especially when i hit a dirt road and things got rough. is this anything to worry about. im thinkin just go take the truck in for my brakes and tranny to the dealer before my warrenty is up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do you have extended brake lines, or have you checked your brake fluid. I don't know that much about the ABS, but it might be soemthing simple.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is my 97 dodge ram 1500 2wd. im pretty sure i just have the rwal system. i havnt changed my brake lines and my fluid is full.
the light pops on and off when im on a bumpy surface. i went out in the mud with hawiiluver last friday and saturday and saturday night is when i saw the flashing.
The flashing is not consistant. im also havin problems with my front brakes as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello make sure the connector on the rwal speed sensor ,located on top of the axle, is clean and tight. Dodge has a tsb for this concerning the connector and water, or corrosion getting in,

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet everything is fine now i had a lot of mud back there it fell off and the light hasnt come back on in the last couple days.
thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts