Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i know i can get around 2 inces from cranking the torsion bars but everyone tells me to stay away from it b/c its harder on your truck. is their anything besides that to get some more articulation

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright ass clown you know i am....just wanted to see my options after that. i would love to get a straight front axle but at my age you cant really afford that sort of work

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha wow this was a really old post. nah im not gonna do it. this summer ill most likely be putting on the 6.5" dick cepek series II kit

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey man thanks for the info and all but this post is REALLY REALLY old. ill be getting the 6" RCD lift in a couple of months

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
i like the design of using lift spindles rather than dropping the whole differential 6", sturdier set up in my opinion and a lot of other ppl as well. i like the dick cepek and all but i like RCD more :bigthumb:

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
ya i agree with subs here. in my opinion i think the wear on your suspension is from those 38x14.50s you have. ill only be running a 35x12.50 so i shouldnt have near as much wear and tear as you will. i know there will be stuff that goes out but thats just what comes with a lifted truck. i dont have time to wheel a whole bunch but i do some and my truck will be capable of what i want to do with my IFS on there. at this point with lifts ya a straight axle would out perform an IFS in some places but i read in a recent petersons that companies are working and trying to design some pretty extreme IFS kits giving anywhere between 12-15" of travel. PRETTY AWESOME!! i know a lot of ppl preach SFA but IFS isnt really that bad. if i did go straight axle id have to wait a LONG time before i could lift my truck or i could do my lift in a couple of months and still be able to do what i want to do with it

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
hahaha alright ive started the suspension lift fund for my truck :silly: if youre interested in helpin out a fellow PS member sned me a PM and ill tell you where to mail the money!! haha in all honesty i dont think i could justify spending that much money when i dont wheel a ton, but ill still be accepting all donations

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
im getting the lift....its a 6" RCD :bigthumb: its either get my lift and tires in a couple of months or wait like a year or more. there is also a possibility of me getting a different truck in 2 or 3 years so why dump a ton of money in this one. with my lift and tires i will be able to do just about everything i want to do

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
its not totally paid for. theres just a CHANCE that i could get a newer truck in better condition. haha im not sure if yall are still trying to talk me into a SAS but its not happening, i dont have that kind of funds so RCD here i come!!

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
the thing i read about the long travel suspension kits was just a small article near the end of a recent petersons. they dont have any info on the kits at all, all they know is that they are in the process of trying to get them to the public

1 - 11 of 11 Posts