Off Road Vehicles banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
outalne94z71 said:
while a cool build, these are the exact things the greenies are looking for to shut us all down, if it was off road only then that's one thing but to use it on the road is illegal (against federal regulations even if not in your state)and you probably should not broadcast it for all of our sakes.

obama and his regime are paying back all the unions and groups that got him elected and the longer we can keep our heads down till they are out of office the better off we will be.

btw get rid of that air cleaner, they have terrible flow and rob power.
obama and his regime better worry about the economy and his lost hope and change. Not a engine swap. Not to get to political on everyone, but thats part of what the hecks wrong with this country and government. They shouldnt be controling someones life so much that they could dictate whether or not someone puts a bigblock in his privately owned and operated truck. Just my 2cents. BTW awesome swap dude, love seeing threads like yours.

·
Registered
89 Posts
outalne94z71 said:
while a cool build, these are the exact things the greenies are looking for to shut us all down, if it was off road only then that's one thing but to use it on the road is illegal (against federal regulations even if not in your state)and you probably should not broadcast it for all of our sakes.

obama and his regime are paying back all the unions and groups that got him elected and the longer we can keep our heads down till they are out of office the better off we will be.
The greenies can kiss my ass. Any man that wants to rip a 318/46RH out for a 440/727 is a hero in my book. Its HIS truck, and HE can do whatever he wants with it. Please show me where it is a FEDERAL law to retrofit an older setup in a newer truck.

OP- Maybe I missed it, but did you mate the np231 to the 727? Any 231/241 doubler plans in your future? I highly suggest you ditch the add-a-leaf in the plans and make your own spring pack with a shackle flip. You can run up to 6" shackles and still be highway safe. I would be leery of using the coil spacers on top of 5" lift coils. The name of the game is low, even in the mud world. The lower you keep your rig, the less parts you'll break.

Any plans on hydro-assist?

Love the build, and keep it coming. :beer:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Brawler said:
The greenies can kiss my [censored]. Any man that wants to rip a 318/46RH out for a 440/727 is a hero in my book. Its HIS truck, and HE can do whatever he wants with it. Please show me where it is a FEDERAL law to retrofit an older setup in a newer truck.
It's actually stated on all the emissions stickers. "Built to comply with federal emissions standards for xxxx model year . . . "

It truly is against the law, but it's no different than me using my '77 emissions-exempt truck as a daily driver. :dunno:

·
Registered
1 Posts
our state doesnt even inspect. and i used a 727 torqueflight out of a older ram. i custom fabbed my motor mounts and trans mount.
I just bought a 440 its still in the rv how did you build your mounts the motor only has 74k im putting it in a 2wd 01 ram 1500 5.2 and if i just want it to be carbed how would i do it ..honestly im trying to be cheap about it i want to use the 3 speed tranny thays with the 440 so id need tranny mounts also any tios would help thank you maybe we can swap contact info !! Thanks

21 - 25 of 25 Posts