Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5in skyjacker lift and i want to put some daystars on top. ( 2in ) am i reall going to need new drive shafts. i always here somepeople say it fine and others say it wont work. oh and i might be getting a little bigger block for the rear.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Rear will be fine, but the front will probably at least need to be ground a little. Some people have problems with the front shaft others dont, you wont know for sure if yours will bind until you try it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am also considering this as well from what I have heard everything should be fine however, and adjustable track bar is what i am going to run but I am pretty sure you can run the stocker with the 5in kit drop bracket and be ok. In the rear I am thinking of using a 5.5in block but haven't heard much about them.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On 2005-11-22 13:03, lavs4x4 wrote:
In the rear I am thinking of using a 5.5in block but haven't heard much about them.

are you insane? I would never put that big of a block on. your just asking for a problem! I would get a shackle flip, AAL, or new leafs. stay away from that big of block.! :twak:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
On 2005-11-22 13:25, Tani1500 wrote:

are you insane? I would never put that big of a block on. your just asking for a problem! I would get a shackle flip, AAL, or new leafs. stay away from that big of block.! :twak:

2500's and 3500's come with a 4.5" block :roll:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have 8.5" up front and my shaft will only bind at full flex so I just have to clearence it a bit!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
On 2005-11-22 13:25, Tani1500 wrote:

do you even know what you are talking about? or do you just feel like making yourself seem cool by making fun of other people?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah I'm insane seeing how my truck came with a 4.5in block I don,t think another inch or so is going to make a big difference. I already have an aal from the 5in kit and I do not want to do a shackle flip because it limits your towing ability so a block or expensive lift springs are the only option.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On 2005-11-22 15:06, Bosco wrote:

do you even know what you are talking about? or do you just feel like making yourself seem cool by making fun of other people?

all im saying is ive seen a lifted chevy on block and the block snapped in half and took the u bolts with it. well the guy lost control and slammed into a tree and was killed. I think there are week and alot of people would agree with me. and consitering he's towing he's better off with aal or leafs.

·
Registered
116 Posts
For your front driveshaft I would consdier getting an indexing ring as well...It really made a difference on mine. Also about the blocks, it all depends on the size that you are willing to run, and I wouldn't recommend stacking them...Use whole ones. I know a few people who are running pretty big blocks, and haven't had any problems yet. But thats my opinion, and everyone is entitled to there own. Also I am not sure but wouldn't the shackle flip be better for towing because you keep your stock ride and spring rate?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On 2005-11-22 17:25, BR wrote:
i believe those came with a 5.5" block, with no problems. i have a 4.5" on mine with no problems.

I dont know, maybe it was a freak accident. sorry to be so harsh. I just dont trust them and i really dont want to see some else experience the same fate as that guy did that day.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
was it a steel block or aluminum? was it a stacked block? it must have been a freak accident, every dodge has one stock, so they can't be that bad.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
from what we found out it was a a steel block and it wasnt stacked. it might have been defective or got cracked somehow even thought that hard for steel.

·
Registered
340 Posts
On 2005-11-22 16:30, ruffrider wrote:
i've got the 5" sj with 2" spacer, no problems front or rear.

I was thinking of running the same set up on my rig but I was told that it pushes the axle back and rides rough. What do you think about the set up?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts