Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I lift my truck, appears a vibration when I go at 60 mph, I balanced the driveshaft, but the vibration still goes on. Any one knows what else could be causing the vibration?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Maybe the tires or the rear driveshaft, did you drop the hanger bearing. Its pretty easy to make a drop bracket or I think skyjacker sells one.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Is it at a very narrow range of speed, or does it start at 60, and just get worse?

If just at 60, have your tires rebalanced.

If not, then start checking your track-bar, and all your steering rod-ends for play. Especially if you feel it through the steering.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-23 14:11, woody wrote:
Is it at a very narrow range of speed, or does it start at 60, and just get worse?

If just at 60, have your tires rebalanced.

If not, then start checking your track-bar, and all your steering rod-ends for play. Especially if you feel it through the steering.

im going with the trackbar. its a horseshit design to begin(mine started taking a **** @18k miles, thats even before the lift)i noticed a shake around 50-60 and it would go away after that. bolted in the DT tracbar, no more shake. you dont have a radical lift, knobby tires, the odds of it being the driveshaft being out of balanced is slim to none. its a quad cab so it should have a one piece drive shaft. the other thing it could be is if you didnt compensate for the bigger tires by either getting the TRUSPEED or have the pinion factor calibrated. that vibration might be your torque convertor trying to lock up. that usually happens around 45-55 mph and if the speedo wasnt corrected it isnt going to lock up at the speed its supposed to because your going faster than what is registering. i think i explained that correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts