Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1999 Z71 and im going to put a 6" lift. Anyone know what tires i can fit comfortably?

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
you could fit 33's with no problem. with 35's you would probably have to do some minor triming but it would be worth it because personally i think it looks a whole lot better. the more rubber the better

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey gopher, i have bushwhacker cutouts on mine and it makes the truck look bigger and wider.(even w/trimming,35x12.5 will rub w/tire turned and susp. compressed)!

·
Registered
54 Posts
You could get a 6 inch and run 35s no problem, if you had an older truck you could run 37s with minor trimming, but not on those new body styles.

-zach-

·
Registered
47 Posts
6 inch lift equals 35's with full articulation on your truck. Trim a bit or add a body lift and you can clear 36's.

Sniper

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
i just talked to a guy today with a 6" lift w' 35's and i asked him if they rubbed or not. he opened his door to show me the body lift he just purchased to answer the question. he said its not bad but when he is wheelin he cant stand the rubbing

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i plan on running 6" with a 3" body. Should be alright with 35's yeah??

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
SWEET that is gonna be a bad ass chevy. i think you should try runnin the 35 before you add the body lift.
since you getting mixed results id do that.
When are you planning on getting the lift?

·
Registered
47 Posts
My wheeling bud runs a 99 Z71 like mine (only standard cab) with the Pro Comp 6 inch lift and 35's with no rubbing. He has Master Craft Courser AT's in 315/75. He ran Swampers but they did rub at full stuff because of the side lugz. If you go 6 inches and don't go nuts on tire selection you can run 35's, or you could add a 3 inch body lift and run any set of 36's you wanted.

Sniper

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just waiting of the check Kevin. I hope to get it by the end of next month. i keep getting mixed results so to be safe im going to the the 3" body. Its an ego thing too :):

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Are we gonna install it at the shop?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, im going to have a local 4x4 shop do it. They do good work and the price is right.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ya, you can fit 35's w/ no rubbing and only trim your air dam. That's only if your wheels are no more than 8" wide and You backspacing is no less than 4"

I have a 6" Superlift , 35" BFG's, on 9.75" wide 589's. I did rub at full lock and compression, but w/ minor inner fender trimming (less than 1/2 inch of metal) MT's clear easily, even when offroad. If I had wet w/ 16x8 wheels and 315's(they are a hair shorter than my 35's)I would guarantee no rubbing, and no trimming on my truck.:D:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Big country I have a 2000 Silverado 1/2 ton Xcab, I would like to make mine look like that!!! Too Sweet. Do you think thats posible?

That Looks nice!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got a bud that has a 01' z71 extended cab and he has a 4 inch rancho suspension and a 3 inch PA body lift and he has 36x14.50 baja belted its a sweet lookin truck and man can i tear a mud hole up, and the only trimming he had to do was on the air dam.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts