Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about this lift kit. I am looking to buy one and was wondering if anyone knew how this kit was? Good? Bad? Just wanting some info.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I dont think they make a 6' lift, but they do make a 6" lift, lol, anyway, I dont care for that lift because im not a fan of cutting off the stock suspension to put a new one on. I dont care for any aftermarket parts that require cutting or welding. I always like to be able to take somthing off that ive put on, and with that 6" kit youll never be able to go back to stock without serious fabrication. If you dont mind toching the stock susp. than it may work well for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that, I do not want to do any cutting or anything like that. Also who would I go to if something broke. They no longer make these lifts. Anyway I guess I will stick with skyjacker since I know they are good.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Actually, they are going to start production on the lifts this month, talked to Dick Cepek directly about it. Supposedly, the lift will be of higher quality than the older style, and there will be no cutting or welding involved. But I would probably go with Skyjacker anyways. Get the 7" Skyking coilovers!

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
It´s true that you need to cut the stock lower link support and that´s not good, but I did it and I´m not regret because the lift work really good, it gives you very good flexing capabilities and looks wonderful, but my advise is that is better go for the Skyjacker coilover (7") kit, because that one is the best thing that I´ve ever seen and they said that it has the best flexing ever. Ahhh!!!, I forgot (no cut required).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found this lift to be pretty nice... rides vwey well. But I hear that Lonestar makes an awesome 8" custom lift. I recomend you going with that one. You know the old saying... "GO BIG OR GO HOME!"

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Beast, Are you sure that Dick Cepek is making the 6" lift again?, because as I knew, they stop the manufacturing.
If they are making it again, please tell me where did you see it because I am looking for some parts.
Thank You

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am out of Texas and know of a shop in San Antonio that has the new line of Cepek lifts. The web site is http://www.lonestaroff-road.com. With the new dodge kit I was told there is no cutting, I have heard really good things about these people and seen some of there work. They are top notch. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I don't know about that lone star kit. I was looking at the close up pictures of the 8" kit and it doesn't look as if they put a lot of thought into wheel travel. Look at the way they positioned the control arms. I have a long arm kit with my Fabtech and my kit included limiting straps to avoid over extending. I don't see anything in those pictures that indicates they gave any thought to that. My advice would be to go with the 7" Skyjacker rather than that homebuilt kit.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I e-mailed with Dick himself, they are going to produce the Cepek lifts again.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
i talked with tom cepek on the phone and have an account with him. thats where i plan on getting my lift from soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts