Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of installing the front control arms that come with this kit. The directions are a little sketchy, and the pictures were faxed so they are mostly black. Do I have to drill out holes in the front axle in order to mount the bracket that holds the new upper arm? I would like to simply bolt it on, but if I have to drill a hole I want to know ahead of time. Anyone who has done this lift please chime in, let me know of any holes, cutting, or grinding that will need to be addressed. Bolts are no problem, cutting and drilling is a pain.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
What excatly are you installing? what lift in "? what manufacturer? what truck?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The skyjacker 5 inch standard kit. I am installing it on my 97 1/2 ton ram. If anyone has a link or good color picures of an install that would be apprciated as well.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
As long as the lift yoau reinstalling is for the same year as your truck you do not need to drill control arm parts. Only drilling is the trackbar drop bracket.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much, all the damn instructions say is to not drill unless it is necessary. No s***!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
You may have to drill out the holes on the spring perch to allow for a 1/2" bolt to go through it, that is what I had to do on mine, otherwise the bolts won't fit. Pretty easy, and it doesn't matter if you drill them at an angle, as long as you drill them out a little bigger. Now, this is for a 2000, so yours might not need it, I don't know for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts