Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Ok here we go, 2001 ram 1500 4x4 5.9 360. Just installed a new tranny. Now I am no newbe on this, Its not rocket science to pull and install a tranny, 62 years old did it myself on the ground no lift. Now to the good stuff, After install jacked rear off ground started truck let warm to operating temp put in reverse tires rotate for about 2 min then stopped. Check fluid topped off with about 1/4 qt. restart reverse again 2 min rotate then stopped again. Put in 1st gear nothing, 2nd nothing, drive nothing. Lines were cleaned out, check valve replaced radiator replaced. So all fluid flow was cleaned. Any ideas what this can be. One of the few times I am stumped.

Thanks.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Did you spin the torque converter multiple times to make sure it was all the way in? If not it could have damaged the pump. T-Case linkage - are you sure its not in neutral somehow?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you spin the torque converter multiple times to make sure it was all the way in? If not it could have damaged the pump. T-Case linkage - are you sure its not in neutral somehow?
Torque converter was seated. If it was not it would have bound up against the flex plate. There is plenty of fluid flow, (checked that)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have another question. Has anybody ran there truck with out the T-Case installed? No I dont mean running down the road. I just want to see if the out put shaft is turning. If it is then It is a good chance I have a bad T-Case. The T-Case has as much millage as the OLD tranny did. (over 200 Thou) Would much rather pull T-Case then tranny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts