Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know anyone who can put these in for about that price here in michigan???

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
hahaha...good luck with that install price! There are not many places that will accept that little amount, unfortunately, unless they are part of the good ole' boy network...But, if you can get that price somewhere, Good Luck! I hope you can. Come down here and I will install them for that price. Then we can go and test out the new lifts offroad here as well...:wink: Kind of like a proving grounds test run...

'00 1500 QC 4x4 Black Sport 5.9l Rhinolining, 3" Perf. Acc. Body lift, 5" Skyjacker Class II Single Flex lift, 16-35/15 Boggers on ARE 767 15x10's, 4.56's stuffed in the axles, Powertraxx Locker

<!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.lockitupoffroad.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End -->

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Good luck. If you find a shop that will do it for that price, run away, realy fast....

I am sure there may be someone on the board that can help you install it.

If you are slightly mechaniclaly inclined and have a basic tool set, you can probably install the body lift. You would just need to outsource the welding.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Have a wrench-a-thon. Invite some friens over buy some beer or soda make some bar-b-q. Do the install your self. Suspension and body lift togather should take about 2 days. A girl I work with did a body lift on a jeep by herself in 1 day. I did my body lift, spacers and shocks. By my self in 2 days. Later

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i had a guy lined up for this price with my help! but not sure its gonna workout...too big of job for me to take on myself!

·
Registered
896 Posts
You should really try and do it yourself. I can't speak for body lifts, as I've never done one, but the suspension work isn't that diffucult.

Plus, since you put it together yourself, you'll know how to fix it yourself if anything goes wrong with it. Also, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself.

Oh, one more point. Eventually, you'll want to swap in different springs, or go higher. Then you'll have to pay an arm and a leg for labor all over again. I've torn my suspension apart 3 times already, and am planning on a fourth. Can you imagine how much that I've saved in labor by doing this myslef??

I REALLY think you should give it a shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts