Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '93 F150 and i just order a 4" lift kit from rough country and i was wondering about driveshaft lengths. Will I have to extend my driveshafts?

·
Registered
27 Posts
On 2002-01-19 16:02, GreenGiant93 wrote:
I have a '93 F150 and i just order a 4" lift kit from rough country and i was wondering about driveshaft lengths. Will I have to extend my driveshafts?

To be safe I think it would be a wise move. Especially if you get plenty of axle articulation out of your suspension.
Ed

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a cheaper way to gain length on the driveshaft, I had it priced and it would cost me over $150 and i'm on a minimal budget.

·
Registered
27 Posts
On 2002-01-20 15:40, GreenGiant93 wrote:
Is there a cheaper way to gain length on the driveshaft, I had it priced and it would cost me over $150 and i'm on a minimal budget.

There was a product called a driveshaft spacer, but I couldn't tell you if it still exists or if it's worth using. You could have the driveshaft lengthened by having the driveshaft shop weld on a longer spline section to the existing shaft. Although it's done on extreme lifts, dropping the t-case may reduce your driveshaft angle and keep the driveshaft length to acceptable levels.
Ed

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
My last truck was a 88 F-150, I had 6" of susp. lift on it, never had a problem with the driveshaft lenght's, but i did tear a rear one out once, when I was playing tug-a-war. Go with the stockers until you get the money or tear on out. My front had a slipyoke on it with a boot around it and it seemed fine. It lasted 4 years until I sold the truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think you'll have any problems with driveshaft length. I've never had any issues with my Bronco lifted 4".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts