Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a down side to running this setup, i want to lift my truck and run 33's maybe next year but want to change gears now, how will the truck drive with 31's showuld i just go with 4.10's?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I checked your truck profile and see you have an automatic. Also since you show as Buffalo, NY I will assume (dangerous I know) that most of your driving will be city?
That being the case.. I'd say you should be okay with the 4.56's short term.
You will probably want to stick closer to 60mph on the highway for the long haul stuff.
The up side? You will not have to swap gears again in a year... and, you will have one quick truck off the line until then! :D:
If you find you don't like the 4.56's with the 31's you could look for a used set of taller tires to get you through the year as well.
Go for it!
One last thing... 33's? If you are lifting I say go 35-36. Your 4.56's will work fine with them! :wink:

·
Registered
923 Posts
I had 33's on 3.55 gears, and I have had 35's and 4.56's. My experience was the 35's were too small for those gears. I like to move up and down the road though. I have 38's now and a good cruising speed is 80 or 85. WIth the 35's I was turning about 2700 rpm to do that. 31's will work, but you will be in overdrive going 40. Also, your truck will be faster than s***. WIth the 35's I could smoke the right rear until it shifted into second. If you drive like I do, you will be buying new tires in 6 months b/c they will be bald!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts