Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
well, are you still running the stock tires? if you had the 36's on, then changed the gears, you would definatley feel the difference...alot of people I know say that the 4.56's are one of the best upgrades they've done...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
even if he is running stock tires he should feel a HUGE difference, like take off, engine RPM, things like that...

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
You should really notice them, especially with 285s. Better take off, higher RPMs, speedo way off....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know that when my buddy got his 4.11's with hisstock tires he could tell they were there now his says possibly the item he put on his '99 dodge sport, we are also waiting for the 35's to get here GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you have a manual tranny you'll notice them more so than with the automatic. When I had my 4.56 put in I was running 285's also and I noticed a big difference, It was alot spunkier, more balls for shure but the shifts were quick, earlier than should be and to the point, I would hit O.D. before 50 mph. I didnt have and still dont have the truespeed calibrator that why the shift points were off because everything is controlled by the sensors and they dont read correctly sice the tires and gears have been changed. Now after I have added the 315's its even better, my gears stretch out longer like they should and the shift are firm and not so harsh anymore I just have to get the truespeed sensor to get them right again. But yes if I had done only one thing to my truck it would have been the gears for shure. I haven even talked about the gains youll get while towing, I tow a bass boat, it used to struggle a little on hills but now its like what hill, we diddnt just go up a hill did we????

·
Registered
502 Posts
What gears were in your truck stock? If you went from 4.10s to 4.56 then you will see some difference. If you went from 3.55 to the 4.56 you should see a huge difference It should be like a totally different truck.

I hope that you are taking it easy on the gears till they are broken in before you test them out too much to see how much better they perform.

Bill

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i could tell it shifted a little quicker and alittte faster i can now spin the tires a little more. i can tell some differance. Thanks Bill for telling me i didnt think about it. i did have 3.55's then added the 285 now that i have the 4.56's i can now get my 36's i just have about 30 more days.

·
Registered
969 Posts
When I got my 4.56's i was shocked how easily the 36's would spin. Gears are just as important as lift and tires in my opinion.

·
Registered
969 Posts
When I got my 4.56's i was shocked how easily the 36's would spin. Gears are just as important as lift and tires in my opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts