Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a 1990 Chevy C1500 (long bed, woo!) with a 4.3 in it. I'd like to swap over to a 350, but I'm not sure what I will need for the swap. If I'm not mistaken, I have the TH350 tranny, so that bolts up (right?). But what do I need from the 350? Do I need a whole long block, or can I mix and match some things from the 4.3? Any help in the swap would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damnit, i had the feeling. Thanks for the information. Any idea where I can get everything for moderately cheap? Perhaps i should just purchase a junker or something...

·
Registered
158 Posts
The 4.3 is the same as the 5.7, less 2 cylinders, from what ive seen the wiring is also the same, you should be able to use all the wiring in your truck now, but you will need a new computer, or you can use your original computer if you can find a prom chip from a 5.7 truck. all computers used in 4.3 and 5.7 trucks and vans are the same, the only difference is the prom chip so the computer knows that its running a 6 or 8 cylinder engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks. I'm just going to look for a half-cut and transfer everything from there. Where is the knock sensor located on the 350?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I remember right, its located on the passenger side of the block just above the oil pan.
Not sure if you still have access to this thread or not, but i just bought a 94 c1500 from a buddy and it has the 4.3 and i want to put a tbi 350 in it, and ive been reading but can only find mixed opinions, now from what ive read my truck being a 94 should have the 4l60e right? What would i have to do trans and wiring wise to put a 350 or even a 305 in my truck?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts