Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come! Tomorrow's the day her drive lines change! Gettin a Detroit put in the rear, and a ARB up front!. Anyone interested in a Tru-trak for a D44? ($150.00)
Came out of a 95'Dodge 1500 4x4, was going to go in mine, but an ARB became available. Oh darn!

Troy

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darnit! Wouldnt ya know it! The shop had an employee call in SICK! My truck and one other vehicle won't get "Got to today" Have to wait till tomorrow!Oh well..............

·
Registered
15 Posts
What Detroit did you get for the rear? How much would shipping be for the tru-trac to send it to poland, ohio? Also, why are you getting rid of it? Didnt like it or something. How does it perform? Will it fit my 3.92s?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update! What a guy! I got a call from Jeff (the shop owner) around 3:40pm today (11th) he said "she's done!" He managed to get my truck done shorthanded! and under what he quoted! Just now got the jeep put away, and had to come in a tell you all this.
I'm late for dinner! Later
Trot

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Guts the true trac came out of my 95. it was awesome. so awesome that I broke a shaft while pulling another truck out. I don't fault the true trac I fault the 90k miles on the truck and then installing gears and lockers. It has about 3000 miles on it.
I used it with 4.10. The only reason I sold it to Troy is because I swapped in a Dana 60.
Chris

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Troy,

What was the final bill (and breakdown by parts)? I'm curious to see his prices.

Arabia's, right?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, it was Arabia's Atuo.
Install front ARB with 4:10..... $400
Install rear Detroit with 4:10.. $350
Instal kit's QTY. 2............ $168
Axle bearings QTY. 2............ $ 40
New seals QTY. 2............ $ 8
5 QTS GL-5 80/90W............... $ 25
silicon ........................ $ 6

Total ...........................$1023

I had him just install the ARB, not plumb it up. Mount a compressor, or mount the switch. I'll do all this my self.
Definetly need to address my speedo now. It's 10mph off! Gonna try calling local dealer and see what they can do. Not expecting much from them though. Next call will be to someplace with that "Tru-speed" gizmo.
Any other suggestions?
Troy
P.S. My Tru-trak has a new home already. Sorry guy's Ya'all can thank Punkineater for that!
Troy

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
How much were the parts for the ARB, Detroit, and the gears?

That doesn't include the ARB, does it???

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I purchased the ARB from a friend that got it for his jeep, didn't use it. The Detroit I got from dgeram4x got the gears and the tru-trak and detroit $800.
The ARB was brand new in box, so no parts to get for it.
Made a call to my local dealer, the guy was actually helpfull! I can get new gears for the speedo, I just didn't know my wheel size in metric otherwise I'd have ordered them. One more call to make now that I know I'll want the gear set for 295 75 15's
Later...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update:
4:10's working great. MPG definetly down a little, (expected) I now have some "compression braking" for hills! I get a "burble" sound now from the exhaust (cool!) and I can hold back my down hill speed while in shifted 2nd!. When turning off OD, the tack goes up almost 1K in rpm's.(befor 4:10's it only raised 400 500rpm's)
Haven't had the detroit locker "unload" on me yet, as a friend described when it happened on his truck, "felt like the tailgate fell off" is what he said. I'm sure it'll happen at some point!
Another benifit I've seen, is my tranny temp maintains 150 or so deg's now. It did approach 210 while climbing up Felton Empire Grade rd tonight. That road is a twisty,turney uphill climb, so I expected a little temp difference.
Overall, I'm liking them!.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Currently 32X11.50X15 BFG AT radials. When it's time to replace them (perhaps next Jan time frame) I'm going to a 33" something-
or other.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts